2012 Mustang chassis numbers

Lordstout

Jul 20, 2011
Ok, here's some info I picked out from 5.0 magazine out of an article on the new boss. This thread is fueled by another thread, but I fingered it deserved it's own home.

These are the differences in chassis between the GT and the Boss. Spring rates are in Newtons per millimeter; Sway-bar diameters are in millimeters. Front lower control arm bushings are common on all mustangs, but the rear lower control arm bushings on the GT's are softer than the others.

Springs: (Front/Rear)
Base GT: 21.5 / 27.33
Brake pack: 23 / 29.2
Boss: 26 / 32.5
Laguna Seca: 24 / 33.5

Sway-Bars: (Front/Rear)
Base GT: 34 / 20
Brake pack: 35 / 22
Boss: 35 / 25
Laguna Seca: 35 / 26

Hope this is good info for ya'll. This info came out of 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords magazine's August 2011. Article name is "Undercover Boss". Good stuff.

• Sponsors (?)

Interesting for sure; here are some specs on the Eibach anti-sway bar kit (adjustable) that I happen to have ;)

FRONT:
Eibach bar: 36mm (1.42 in) tubular and adjustable
Eibach measured bar rate: 3 position adjustable
Position 1 = 60 N/mm (340 lbs/in)
Position 2 = 70 N/mm (400 lbs/in)
Position 3 = 79 N/mm (450 lbs/in)
Eibach bar weight: 6.4 kg (14 lbs)

REAR:
Eibach bar: 25 mm (1.0 in) tubular and adjustable
Eibach measured bar rate: 3 position adjustable
Position 1 = 23 N/mm (130 lbs/in )
Position 2 = 25 N/mm (145 lbs/in)
Position 3 = 31 N/mm (175 lbs/in)
Eibach bar weight: 6.5 kg (14.3 lbs)

So the Brembo Brake Pack does have different sway bars, and springs? Probably different struts/shocks too then?

Yes on the springs and bars, I dunno about shocks and struts. Also, and I could be worng, but I don't think you get the Sport setting on the traction control on a base GT, just on/off. Ford says that the suspension tuning is different for the package too. One more thing, the subframe connectors in the back suspension look to be the same as on the boss and GT500, acting like a traction bar. The car does seem to grip rediculously good on launch, on stock tires. Launching at 3k gives about a second worth of spin then it's all grip, while barking in every shift slightly up to 4th gear with no real spin. That's with traction control completely off.