245 mm tire on a 9 inch rim?

AaronG

Jun 25, 2003
The title says it all. How many of you have done this? Does it look like crap and is it safe? I tried doing a search but couldn't turn up anything relevant.

Thanks,
Aaron

• Sponsors (?)

245 is fine on that. Buddy has a Lexus with 18x8.5's and hes running 225's. So a 245 on a 9 is fine. (I sell tires/wheels for a living also). However you will be able to easily curb the wheels.

Yea you could go even narrower if you wanted. All the professional drift guyz run really narrow tires on standard/slightly wide wheels. It prevents fender issues and significantly reduces the chances of breaking the bead on the tire when drifting.

Thanks guys. I think I should be okay with a 255 then. I want to swap out my Pro-Kit springs for the Sportlines, but I'm afraid of doing so with a 275 up front as it sticks out of the fenderwell right now just a bit. I'll be selling all for Nitto 555's w/ about 2k on them when I'm ready.

well on a 9" rim the fitments fine and i think it would look funny our my 94 but on my 93 i think it looks really good and i got the curb protector wheel lips....i think it fits the 9" wheel fine. ...no pics really of a good shot of the stance of the wheel to look at it just sideshots of the car and stuff

i've got 255-45 BFG's on frpp 9" rims.../ i love the look since the rim looks flush with the tire... but i can see that it would be pretty easy to curb rash your wheels... they are actually the recommended size on lots of sites for a 9"wheel. 245's MIGHT be a little small, and imho 275's would look big up front. i have always liked the idea of having the same size tires in the front and back for rotational reasons when running street tires. and i think 275's are too wide on our cars up front since it sticks out past the fender a tad. to sum all this mess up, go at least 255's, and if you want 275's you might want to have diff front and rear tire sizes