275/40/17 on a 93' Cobra?

I am considering putting these on the rear of my 93' Cobra, but I have two concerns.
1. Will they fit without any rubbing? 2. Will they look like they are the same height as the 245/45's that I have on the front? Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

you will likely be able to get them to go on the rim, and they would be the correct height, but..... there is no point in putting a 275 (~11" tire) on a 7"-7.5" rim. it won't fit properly so you won't be getting any extra meat on the ground and in turn your traction will not improve. i'd stick to the 245 if i were you.

-steve

sleeper89 you will likely be able to get them to go on the rim, and they would be the correct height, but..... there is no point in putting a 275 (~11" tire) on a 7"-7.5" rim. it won't fit properly so you won't be getting any extra meat on the ground and in turn your traction will not improve. i'd stick to the 245 if i were you.

goduke Yes they will fit as long as you have the correct back spacing for your wheels. As I wouldnt suggest them on anything smaller then a 8.5" wheel.

Agree with both. I have 275/40/17 nitto dr's on the back of my 92 with 9" rims and they look good. Did have to remove the quads though. Made no difference in ride or handling either. :nice: