2nd Gear Grind... Syncro? Took it in today

spacescape

Founding Member
Mar 21, 2002
Clinton Township, MI
Hello... I have a 02 GT with what I'm assuming has a T-3650 trans... It grinds in second sometimes... I know how to shift it so it doesn't grind, but, it still happens... And last week I traded my father for his car (he has a Trail Blazer and I needed to pickup a kitchen counter)... He's really a good manual driver, and when I went to get my car he said "your trans grinds in second"... And he agreed, if you push the clutch to the floor and carfully shift it (not too quick)... it shifts fine... But, still it should shift like 1, 3, 4 & 5...

I took it in for an oil change, rotation of tires, fix that damn seat belt and to check out the trans... I'm going to call shortly and let her know that I know that this is a common problem and that I would like to talk to the guy looking into the problem...

So, do you guys have some pointers on how I should aproach my call? I want them to know that I'm aware of this problem and to fix it... Is it a syncro problem? Is there an easy fix?

Thanks!
Bill

• Sponsors (?)

I think there is a list of parts on page like 33 maybe. I took my car in the other day, but I'm not having them fix the transmission yet because they told me it would be pointless at this point because I'll have to bring it in later when they revise and release a real TSB. The service guy told me Ford is still "researching" the problem right now.