2V mustang with a 03 cobra superchanger?

My buddy with a 2001 mustang GT wants to put a 03-04 Cobra Supercharger on his mustang.

How hard is this?

What does he need to do to get it to work?

Can the Diablo programer do this?

How will the pulley work?

Would a 03 cobra manifold work on a 2001 2V mustang GT?

Anyone?.....Thanks

Mike Morales

• Sponsors (?)

the 03 cobra blower will not fit a GT. Ford racing made a blower that fits. It has the eaton blower built in. So, answering your question about the 03 cobra blower, it prob can be done, but is not worth the money to try and convert.

If he keep it as a spare just in case he ever got a terminator?!:shrug: Go to ford racing.com and look up gt blower or do a search on this site and i am sure you will find info. I only paid alittle over 2000 for everything in my sig. I dont think thats to bad. People pay 1500 more just to sc there car! minus all the minor bolt ons.

heres what you need:

Blower
4v top end
entire aftercooler assembly
terminator bottom end (to handle blower, even at stock pulley its too much for the GT shortblock)

so basically you might as well get a cobra and call it a day.

Yeah at the end of the day there is a reason these blowers can be obtained as cheap as you see them for.. they aren't that useful to the average mustang, and you have people that switch to the KB charger and give these away practically...I read up about it before and its a lose lose...I just wasn't sure if anyone actually took a chance and did it before...

Yeah at the end of the day there is a reason these blowers can be obtained as cheap as you see them for.. they aren't that useful to the average mustang, and you have people that switch to the KB charger and give these away practically...I read up about it before and its a lose lose...I just wasn't sure if anyone actually took a chance and did it before...

Bingo. They are really only useful for terminator owners.

Still, i'd love to have one sitting on the shelf in my office as a paperweight. If they ever get down to $200 or so i might buy one :D