3:55 or 3:73 Which to use.

If 6th is the same as 5th in the T-5 (.68 or .63), the 4.30's will have you turning over close to 3000 rpm with standard size rear tires at about 70. Pretty steep on the street....

The good news is that you'd have the option of starting out in 1st or 2nd!

• Sponsors (?)

Michael Yount said:
If 6th is the same as 5th in the T-5 (.68 or .63), the 4.30's will have you turning over close to 3000 rpm with standard size rear tires at about 70. Pretty steep on the street....

The good news is that you'd have the option of starting out in 1st or 2nd!

I was told 6th is the same as 5th on the t5 by someone else on here with the same tranny. I'm not 100% sure though.

If it's like the Corvette ratios, I don't think it's accurate. On the Corvette I believe 4th is 1:1, 5th is .75:1 and 6th is .50:1. But that's coming from memory...

If that's right, then 6th w/4.30's in a Stang would be about like 3.55's w/a T-5. Just be sure you've got traction - cause that sucker's gonna have some serious torque multiplication in 1st and 2nd.

Michael Yount said:
If it's like the Corvette ratios, I don't think it's accurate. On the Corvette I believe 4th is 1:1, 5th is .75:1 and 6th is .50:1. But that's coming from memory...

If that's right, then 6th w/4.30's in a Stang would be about like 3.55's w/a T-5. Just be sure you've got traction - cause that sucker's gonna have some serious torque multiplication in 1st and 2nd.

It seems like 4th is 1:1. I'm goona do a search on google or yahoo and see what I can find.

ill - great info, thanks for digging it up. Should've realized there was more than one set of ratios. I think my Corvette reference was for the close ratio. Looks like the wide ratio is a better match for 3.73 gears; the close ratio for 4.10 or 4.30 gears.