3 month wait for GT in San Diego!

karazuba said:
I hear your pain...walked into a dealer here in San Jose, was told 4 months for a GT, and then quoted about $7K over MSRP. Walked out...ended up being called the next day by a sister dealership who had an available GT in stock. Turns out a party had ordered it, and backed out after they didn't get what they thought was a satisfactory trade-in price. Tore up the 101 to the dealership in rush hour traffic, got there just as someone else had asked to drive it. Got in, liked the car, kept the keys to it while I negotiated (hey--car dealers keep your keys while they 'asses' your trade in and negotiate. why can't buyer do the same). Got a white GT with Ricaro leather, shaker 500 and spoiler delete at MSRP, and received higher than KBB on trade-in. walked out 2 hours later a happy man...

there is a red on red leather GT at a dealership in sunnyvale that has been there for about 3 weeks. no offense to anyone who has the red leather, but I really don't like it...looks like a bad 'Pimp My Ride' (as if there is a good one...)
Good for you! And no wait.!! White is awesome. My next best color. How is your visability out of it. I have been driving trucks and suvs for so long I wonder what it will be like to be down there with the little people again. When I drove the V6 seemed like I used my mirrors a lot. Best, L.L.

• Sponsors (?)

Losing Louie said:
Thanks for all the tips. I searched about 6 dealers in central and east san diego, but not the north. Sounds like they may have some more. Its a really tough choice, since I know the odds of getting the Windevil blue GT by luck are slim to none. So, what do you think, make the sacrafice moving to a different color, or setlle in for a long winter (and spring????)

I'm 47 and wanted to avoid the "come kill me" colors. I think the blue is classy.

Shoot, had my mind made up yesterday too! L.L.

Hey Bro,

Check with Perry ford of Poway. They are selling their Mustangs for msrp.
and if you can wait 8-10 weeks you can get WB just the way you want it optioned.

I ordered my Min. Grey premium GT last week. I was told end of FEB. begining of March Dark charcoal leather, iup, side air bags, shaker 500, spoiler delete,manual tranny active anti theft system . i was quoted $27,455
ask for Steve Hillerman hes the fleet sales guy

later :flag:

Meat496 said:
Hey Bro,

Check with Perry ford of Poway. They are selling their Mustangs for msrp.
and if you can wait 8-10 weeks you can get WB just the way you want it optioned.

I ordered my Min. Grey premium GT last week. I was told end of FEB. begining of March Dark charcoal leather, iup, side air bags, shaker 500, spoiler delete,manual tranny active anti theft system . i was quoted $27,455
ask for Steve Hillerman hes the fleet sales guy

later :flag:
I was going to order from Perry when they told me 8-10 weeks at MSRP too. Then I asked to be connected to the gal that actually does the ordering (forgot her name). We went through my order, and she says March, like every other dealer I have talked to. Unless you got one that was already on order a month or two ago, I would not count on it being here in 8-10. But, good for Perry to sell at MSRP. Just like Mossy really. Best, L.L.

Losing Louie said:
Good for you! And no wait.!! White is awesome. My next best color. How is your visability out of it. I have been driving trucks and suvs for so long I wonder what it will be like to be down there with the little people again. When I drove the V6 seemed like I used my mirrors a lot. Best, L.L.

visibilyt is actually pretty good...Ford did a good job with the size/location of the rear b/c pillar windows. front vis is good (used to Jeeps and a Nissan Murano, so there is a bit of compromise...)

There was a windvail blue on ebay last night. I think it still may be there. Good luck! Nice to hear some storys from Cali. I grew up in the Bay Area. 1 mile from where the Mustang was born. Now the old Ford plant is a shopping mall... Go figure.

05mealready said:
There was a windvail blue on ebay last night. I think it still may be there. Good luck! Nice to hear some storys from Cali. I grew up in the Bay Area. 1 mile from where the Mustang was born. Now the old Ford plant is a shopping mall... Go figure.
Saw the one one Ebay with the wierd blue stripe. Thanks for the tip, L.L.

Losing Louie said:
Saw the one one Ebay with the wierd blue stripe. Thanks for the tip, L.L.

I did not even look at it closely. That blue stripe does not work for me. Plus, they are asking OVER MSRP. I was looking for a REDFIRE so never even looked closely at anything else.

Good luck on the hunt. Might want to go to fordvehicles.com and look in other States. I found the same car I ordered in South Dakotas. They have no buyers up there so they offered to sell me AT invoice. BUT the d@#m dealer I ordered thorugh would not return my $500 deposit. So I had to pass on it. That kept my blood flowing for a few days. Fact is I am still pissed. Oh well...

Finally managed to get my hands on a Mustang for sale in the SD area and I'm finally a Mustang owner.

Bought a Torch Red GT with all the options at Mossy last night. Paid MSRP.

All you guys are right about the Stang. It's awesome and I love it.

Will be posting pics later on.

Meat496, you might want to double check with your dealer on your order. Supposedly, the 18G IUP has been put on hold and Ford is not allowing any orders to be placed with that option. I had ordered my Screaming Yellow GT over the phone on 12/16 with this option and the dealer said they would send me a confirmation. After a few days of not receiving it, I called the guy back only to find out that it had not been put on order because of the hold on the IUP. I changed to the 18R (SUCKS) just so I can get mine on order. I did not really care about the my colors option but wanted everything else it had.

Could someone enlighten me as to what DORA stands for?

05Scott said:
Finally managed to get my hands on a Mustang for sale in the SD area and I'm finally a Mustang owner.

Bought a Torch Red GT with all the options at Mossy last night. Paid MSRP.

All you guys are right about the Stang. It's awesome and I love it.

Will be posting pics later on.

Nice buy. VERY nice buy. No dealers in my area aren't even selling it CLOSE to the MSPR. :damnit:

mustangking said:
Nice buy. VERY nice buy. No dealers in my area aren't even selling it CLOSE to the MSPR. :damnit:
I just bought ONE!

As a result of searching dealerships in Texas and Iowa, I found a great GT at invoice. It ships out next week to arrive by January 10th or so. Its Redfire(sorry Torch guys) Premium package with parchment leather, ISP, Spoiler Delete, Auto, security, tinting and machined wheels. Whoo hooo!
Dealer said no new GT's are coming with the bullets now, so I guess I will have to trade with someone. No more waiting, well not much more anyway.

If anyone wants to know, shipping was $875 (but could be as little as $600 if you are willing to wait a while) . I am JAZZZZZZZED. Best, L.L.

From what I have seen and read, well equiped GT's are $28k MSRP, and about $26k invoice. Stripped are $26k with invoice about $24 and change. Nothing scientific hear, just my ballpark. You can pay $30k MSRP too, if you want the shaker 1000 and air bags. Eliminating the Automatic saves you a grand. Best, L.L.

wow.... 04 cobra territory
Pretty much. I paid MSRP for mine, and feel very lucky to even have one. Mine was $30,475, fully loaded, every option available, except the red interior accent. I usually refuse to pay full price on anything, but made an exception in this case, and have no remorse for doing so. Just happy to have one, and not have paid OVER full price. :D
A dealer down the road has an 04 cobra vert for 32,000. And I still got the 05. But that is just me.

5.8CAPRI said:
Pretty much. I paid MSRP for mine, and feel very lucky to even have one. Mine was $30,475, fully loaded, every option available, except the red interior accent. I usually refuse to pay full price on anything, but made an exception in this case, and have no remorse for doing so. Just happy to have one, and not have paid OVER full price. :D
A dealer down the road has an 04 cobra vert for 32,000. And I still got the 05. But that is just me.
you sound like the guys in july of 02 who bought their 03 cobras at full MSRP and then some. those guys are pissed that their 40k cars are now going for 23k :( i hope that doesn't happen in the 05's case but i definetly see it as the likely outcome.

you sound like the guys in july of 02 who bought their 03 cobras at full MSRP and then some. those guys are pissed that their 40k cars are now going for 23k i hope that doesn't happen in the 05's case but i definetly see it as the likely outcome.

I am sure you are absolutely right, but hey resale only matters if you plan to sell it. Besides, it doesn't matter what new car it is, you will take a BIG loss on it, which is the reason this is the First new car I have ever had. Finally, there is a car that IMO, was worth buying new. :D. though there is still little seed in the back of my mind saying-"you could've had a cobra". But again, not unhappy at all with the 05

Losing Louie said:
Good news: After seeing me mope around the house for a few weeks the Wife said she WANTS me to buy the new mustang GT.

Bad news: She might change her mind over the 3 1/2 dang months!

In any event, I am going to place the order for my Windevil Blue GT on Friday at Mossy Ford in San Diego. I have not been able to drive a GT since there are NONE in San Diego, unless you count the one at Kearny Mesa Ford for $9,000 over MSRP. Yes $9,000. Hope that one throws a rod.

I drove the V-6 a week ago, and loved the car, but felt it was wimpy on power. My wife's v-6 accord could drive circles around that thing, so I am GT bound. Sure hope I like it. Trying to keep it cheap, since this is a second car for me, and what I really want is the power. So all I will be adding is the leather option. Ford has got to be losing money on me.

In a while I will look at a custom hood with scoops like a 68 Shelby. Take care.

I feel your pain. I knew it would get crazy like this and thats why I was happy to pay MSRP back in October :D