nickthegenius said:
I will refrain from commenting.

I won't refrain - :bs:

Attachments

• dyno-1.JPG
    dyno-1.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 158
some of you guys are really funny.

i put down 256 with just x pipe, t/a, catback and cold air.

ive now got cnl plenum...i should be in the 260s somewhere...

coming soon i will have vt stage 2s and comp valve springs which made almost 30 hp peak on a stock everything car. then longtubes...

if i dont have 300 rwhp or somewhere real close ima be really mad. headwork isnt needed although with weaker cam profiles it is needed to reach that goal. a lot lies in your tuner as well as your cam/intake/exhaust configuration, where you want power and how high you want to rev. a stock motor has been shown to rev fine to 6400 rpm with little wear and not too much of a chance of breaking.

ps. dude: your dyno is messed up, i have seen some high powered mustangs and none of them have ever had over 330 rwtq on a 2v without some sort of pa. id ask for a refund because your s%%% is skewwed.

jj2002 said:
Dyno before the Plasma Booster and JBA headers- :lol:
Lets here some more dumb asssss BS before I show DYNO 2
http://www.mustang50magazine.com/howto/138_0307_plasma/

Yeah, I can read it. Do I believe it? No. There is no way a 4.6L with your mods is making 348ft/lbs. The HP is out of whack too. Why? I have no idea unless you got the strongest 4.6L 2v to ever come from the factory.

Teh dYn0 !s fux0red

i dont care, live on your cloud thinking you have that much power. but come down here put it on my buddy's dynojet and ill guarantee you that you will lose almost 40 lb-ft. i am not calling bs on you...im calling it on the dyno itself.

jj2002 said:
Lets race--- Carlsbad CA, anytime!!

Website mouth racing at it's finest. That Dyno must be converting to or reading flywheel HP and Tq. Let me guess, it run's 11's all day too right?

Dyno sheets are a measure of **** size. Time slips are the only thing that means ANYTHING. I can get my hands on a couple of 10 second passes if you want to buy one.

the cost of the ported pi headswap, cams, long tubes and all the other stuff that goes with it to get 300 rwhp was why i decided to sell my 96 and buy a 95 5.0. 4.6 stuff is just too expensive for my blood. kick a$$ heads/cam/intake for that platform is like 2 grand:

$1200: heads
$400: upper/lower intake
$300: cam
$150: gasket set

that's all you need for 300 rwhp from a 5.0. do the other stuff and you're talking more like 330.

Black96 you do make a good point. The ability to eclipse 300 rwhp with a 302 is fairly easy and much easier on the wallet. I am sure you are not alone in your decision-making. There are quite a few ways to achieve this mark naturally aspirated with the old smallblock.....an example to just how choked up the 5.0s were with factory components! Ashame they never really received the graces from Ford the 4.6 engines enjoy today.

The 4.6 2V is fairly optimal and a good performer from the factory, sure there is room for improvement, but because they are already efficient and Ford gave them the ability to breathe well in stock trim, makes the quest for finding considerable power gains a little harder using simple bolt-ons. This would also explain why they respond so well to supercharging in stock configuration.

CHarris said:
Black96 you do make a good point. The ability to eclipse 300 rwhp with a 302 is fairly easy and much easier on the wallet. I am sure you are not alone in your decision-making. There are quite a few ways to achieve this mark naturally aspirated with the old smallblock.....an example to just how choked up the 5.0s were with factory components! Ashame they never really received the graces from Ford the 4.6 engines enjoy today.

The 4.6 2V is fairly optimal and a good performer from the factory, sure there is room for improvement, but because they are already efficient and Ford gave them the ability to breathe well in stock trim, makes the quest for finding considerable power gains a little harder using simple bolt-ons. This would also explain why they respond so well to supercharging in stock configuration.
thanks. i have read that the 96-98 heads actually flow pretty well and they can outflow the pi heads at higher rpms. my understanding is that the main bottleneck on the 96-98s is the lower intake. swapping in a 99+ lower intake supposedly nets like 40 hp, mostly in the upper rpms.

jj2002 said:
You have the know what you are doing! Alot of reading and testing- YOU are saying JBA Racing DYNO is wrong! The DYNO Shop was higher!
http://www.cnlperformance.com/plenum04.html

My best guess is that JBA wanted to show you just how delightfully splendid their headers are.

I wonder if Comp Cams had an in-house dyno and I took my car there if I would get like 537rwhp/794rwtq since I have Comp Cams?

Status
Not open for further replies.