300 rwhp...is it possible NA?

• Sponsors (?)

Well, its logically impossible to PROVE that something CAN'T happen, but I think trying to squeeze 300 rwhp out of a 4.6 2V using natural aspiration and no major induction changes is going to be close to impossible.

There's no reason why you can't get into the 250-260 rwhp range using most of the standard bolt-ons. However, at that point you still need to climb a fairly sizeable hill of 40-50 rwhp. Leaving the factory bumpsticks in place really cripples the potential to move your car past this power level without the use of forced induction.

Fundamentally, you are asking to increase the output of your engine by 70-80 rwhp using only bolt-ons. I think that's pretty unreasonable to expect.

It's impossible without headwork and cams. With all the bolt-ons you can get a 2v to around 265-275 RWHP, maybe a tad more. But you will never hit 300 RWHP without headwork and cams. 300 RWHP with minor bolt-ons is only possible with the 4v motors.

How hard is a head or a cam swap, the reason I'm even asking is because I'd like to do most of the work myself. Anyone here done there own head or cam swap?

Aaron 4.6 said:
Well, its logically impossible to PROVE that something CAN'T happen, but I think trying to squeeze 300 rwhp out of a 4.6 2V using natural aspiration and no major induction changes is going to be close to impossible.

There's no reason why you can't get into the 250-260 rwhp range using most of the standard bolt-ons. However, at that point you still need to climb a fairly sizeable hill of 40-50 rwhp. Leaving the factory bumpsticks in place really cripples the potential to move your car past this power level without the use of forced induction.

Fundamentally, you are asking to increase the output of your engine by 70-80 rwhp using only bolt-ons. I think that's pretty unreasonable to expect.

You can hit the 300 mark NA there is a guy who posted it last week but he had some cams and serious port work done.

billyfe390 said:
You can hit the 300 mark NA there is a guy who posted it last week but he had some cams and serious port work done.

Not to pick nits, but if you read my post I did not say that it was impossible to hit 300 rwhp with N/A. I said that it was impossible given his constraints. Its not much help when a guy specifically says
Without cams or head work?
to immediately respond with
but he had some cams and serious port work done

This is what I don't understand about our cars. They like die off at 270-280 rwhp, no matter what unless you have cams and heads. But its like this, I'm putting down 256 rwhp corrected on a dyno. I'm still on the stock headers, stock catback except for flows, stock lower intake and stock upper intake, stock throttle body.

All I need is 44 rwhp which is not much. But if I add a meziere electric water pump, extrude honed bullit intake or a intake plenum on throttle body, some kind of headers, a cat-back, and a tune, you would think out of those mods you could get 44 hp. But it won't happen. Thats what sucks out about these cars. But I still have it in my head that its possible, even though it really isn't.

Josh