$3000 - brakes or suspension?

traded5.0

May 5, 2005
Yucaipa, Ca
What do you guys think? $3000 to spend and cant decide what to do. I have an 05 gt manual with 3:55. 245/40/19 front, 275/35/19 rear, C&L street intake with brenspeed sct tune. I think I will also get some gears. Saving extra for a supercharger is out of the question. I really cant decide what to do. I want it to be faster but cant afford to supercharge. Any sugestions? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

If you want to be faster on the track (the one with curves) you get suspension stuff.

Get a good kit which will run you about 1300 or so and do the rest on brakes and whatever you find that fits the budget. The car will be much more enjoyable to drive trust me.

I decided not to go for faster because I cant afford a supercharger and there isnt much to do other than that to make it ALOT faster. So, looking for some good alternatives. I think I am going to go for handling since stock is lackluster to say the least. I have eibach sportline springs right now. But thats it. Loks like upper and lower control arms would be good so far. coilover setup? I'm getting 4:10s for sure. Aluminum driveshaft? what to do, what to do...

save your money for a supercharger, unless you want to keep getting beat by new edges...im sorry but upgrading your brakes would be pointless..a good suspension i could justify but upgrading brakes on a near stock car....waste of money

I decided not to go for faster because I cant afford a supercharger and there isnt much to do other than that to make it ALOT faster. So, looking for some good alternatives. I think I am going to go for handling since stock is lackluster to say the least. I have eibach sportline springs right now. But thats it. Loks like upper and lower control arms would be good so far. coilover setup? I'm getting 4:10s for sure. Aluminum driveshaft? what to do, what to do...

Listen to my post ... It will make you go faster and you will have good handling !!

I always though 40+ horsepower at the wheels was pretty good. Especially since a set of cams costs barely any more than a CAI/Tune.

Sure that 40+ rwhp sounds great but than you see the true power numbers at part throttle and different spots on the power curve and you see the big picture. I bet most people won't like this picture, especially if the car is a daily driver. I've seen the results first hand and unless you don't care about part throttle power or it's just a race car than I'd save my money for something else.

Part throttle power is not as important as part throttle driveability. If you want power, you open the throttle. And I have not heard of anyone having issues with driveability with mild cams. Plenty of people run mild and not so mild cams in daily driven cars with different engines, why should these be any different? And i've daily driven a car with a carbureted big cammed stroker that barely idled at 1000 RPM.

I never said anything about driveability. Personally, I'm not going to put anything in my car that is going to cause a loss of power ANY where. If that's fine for you, than so be it, but people need to know that it will happen. Mod motors are VERY different. I have also driven cars like that, not sure what your point is there.

Pretty much anything you do to add power N/A is going to loose power somewhere in the curve. If there is no loss of low end power at WOT or close to it, that is all that really matters as far as power goes. At part throttle you obviously aren't trying to accelerate too hard, if so then just open the throttle more. The only part throttle issue form bigger cams is drivability. If drivability is still good, and there is a sizable increase in power throughout most of the powerband and no loss down low, especially if the car is geared for it, then I don't see a problem.