3000GT vs. 95 GT

Dave95GT said:
3KGT VR4's arent that fast. They weigh close to 4000lbs and run a low 14 stock
A good driver can get them in the low 13's, some small mods 12's. but no they aren't that fast they will just smoke a stock 94/95 mustang, not to mention that he can take off like no tomorrow with the awd, rev it up dump the clutch you may hear a chirp then all of his wheels will grip and take off, unless you know what you are doing he will take off like a bat out of hell

• Sponsors (?)

sc302 said:
A good driver can get them in the low 13's, some small mods 12's.
Must be one damn good driver. VR4 puts what, 225 to the wheels? Most '03 Cobras take good driving to hit the 12's consistently, and they're putting down about 365 to the wheels. And the VR4 may actually weigh *more* than the Cobra... :nonono:

you guys are think incorrect: here is the deal with 3000 gt's. There is 3 models, almost like the mustang. You have the 3000gt(base) the 3000 gt SL, and the 3000 gt vr4. The first 2 have a N/a 6 cyl engine rated at 222 horsepower. The autos are SOOO slow, and the five speeds are not much faster. All the sl model is is basicall looks, chrome rims, etc. Now, the vr4, That car has a 6 speed, AWD, and twin turbo. It Puts out something close to 400 hp i believe. That model has all sorts of goodies, 4 wheel steering, electric exhaust cutouts, electrically movable front and rear spoilers, however, all of em are real pigs, heavy. The vr4 being very because of the awd system. However, watch out it is fast.

GreenMustangGt said:
That car has a 6 speed, AWD, and twin turbo. It Puts out something close to 400 hp i believe. That model has all sorts of goodies, 4 wheel steering, electric exhaust cutouts, electrically movable front and rear spoilers, however, all of em are real pigs, heavy. The vr4 being very because of the awd system. However, watch out it is fast.

300hp for the 91-93 and 320hp for the 94+
in about 97 (i think) they got rid of the active aero spoiler's and the car was lightened up a bit. Stock they are a high 13 second car (with a good driver) and can be put in 12's with basic BPU mods.

I believe that even with his lack of skill he will take you, they are really fast cars. But you have a lot better of a chance goin from a dig than from a roll because they are geared lower because they aren't made for drag racing, that's why they top out at 170+ mph.

HairyCanary said:
Must be one damn good driver. VR4 puts what, 225 to the wheels? Most '03 Cobras take good driving to hit the 12's consistently, and they're putting down about 365 to the wheels. And the VR4 may actually weigh *more* than the Cobra... :nonono:

That is some serious hp loss if they are loosing 90 hp to the wheels. Now to get this straight I was not referring to the crappy not worth more than my beat up old buick that can't do 15's with a F-16 Falcon strapped under it, I am talking about the All Wheel Drive, All Wheel Steering, some older ones have and Active Spoiler and Active Air Dam, 320hp VR4. (/IMO If you don't know anything about these cars you shouldn't talk, you may know about Mustangs and may beat the crap out of these cars but they are not slow and with a few mods can be just as fast as your modded Mustang or even faster; granted 40,000 for a 13 sec car was a bit expensive but what other cars had all of it's features, think about what our cars can do if they had all wheel steering and imagine taching our cars up to red line/dumping the clutch and getting no wheel spin not going sideways. if it's good enough for 10's it's good enough for the street (/IMO).

here is a site that says 13.9 in the 1/4
http://www.supercars.net/garages/imprezawrx14/38v2.html

here is another site for you
http://www.dragtimes.com/browse3.php?carmake=Mitsubishi&carmodel=3000GT

here is a page from car and driver that was scanned in although it's a mag from 93 you get the point
http://www.stealth316.com/images/cd_3-90-p5.jpg

But I have no clue what I am talking about......:scratch:

1st gen VR-4s have high 13/low 14sec capability
2nd gen VR-4s(94+) have mid 13sec capabilities stock

Not to be a mag racer but check the attachments. Non turbos weigh from 3100-3300lbs, turbos weigh around 37xx, the spyders are the ones that weigh 4000+lbs.

Attachments

• sup2.jpg
    sup2.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 106
  • sup1.jpg
    sup1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 116
the vr4's are rated at 320 hp (not at the wheels)

AWD makes the cars heavier, simple enough. But when you have some kinda boost it really doesn't matter, your engine better be putting 320 to the wheels, in order to beat it.

I'de rather take a Dodge stealth instead of a 3000 VR4, they both have the same engine, but I think the stealth doesn't have all the weight added that the 3000 gt has.

Striped5.0 said:
so whens this race going to happen :shrug:

I hate it when people come here and say can I beat ( insert car here ) in a race and then never come back to tell us what happed. 1. they get there ass handed to them and cant bear the embarrasment of telling us or 2. the race never happned for what ever reason. Just think it sucks when we offer our advise to help someone out and they never tell us what the outcome was. Sorry for the rant. :spot:

ok u hear alot of info about the vr4 and most of it is correct.

i was a HUGE fan of those cars and researched the HELL outta them. i looked into everything about those cars.

91-93 vr4 300 hp 5spd AWD with active aero spoiler(front and rear) the car ran a 13.9 best STOCK. most drivers hit around 14.2-14.5 with them.

94-95 vr4 300hp AWD 5spd, looks changed, no pop up lights. car still had front and rear active aero.

96-99 vr4 320hp(conservative figure) AWD 6spd, no longer had active aero but was quicker and could run 13.7 best in the 1/4 mile.

those cars also had sport electronic controlled suspension which would ajust automatically between sport and regular settings....

as for the AWD its not the best for dragging... rwd is the best and a good driver on a rwd car will win off the line everytime if the cars have similar power.... the vr4's can be quick and with just exhaust, intake, and downpipe those things can hit low 13's. put a boost controller on it and those things hauled. only problem is they were built like junk. altho the stealth is a worse car... true the engines are the same but the tranny was horrible.

in this race i have to give the nod EASILY to the vr4 IF the kid is a good driver.

White95V6 said:
Well my friends Vr4 has a Stillen Air Intake system, and the rest is stock. 120,000 miles, he beat a 1997 Z28 with Magnaflow Exhaust 4,10's and SLP Intake. They are fast cars for there weight.

that camaro driver must've sucked...I know vr4s fly but my family has had a few camaros I have driven them...suckers are like space craft especially with those mods even though they will simple ones.

93civ said:
ok u hear alot of info about the vr4 and most of it is correct.

i was a HUGE fan of those cars and researched the HELL outta them. i looked into everything about those cars.

91-93 vr4 300 hp 5spd AWD with active aero spoiler(front and rear) the car ran a 13.9 best STOCK. most drivers hit around 14.2-14.5 with them.

94-95 vr4 300hp AWD 5spd, looks changed, no pop up lights. car still had front and rear active aero.

96-99 vr4 320hp(conservative figure) AWD 6spd, no longer had active aero but was quicker and could run 13.7 best in the 1/4 mile.

those cars also had sport electronic controlled suspension which would ajust automatically between sport and regular settings....

as for the AWD its not the best for dragging... rwd is the best and a good driver on a rwd car will win off the line everytime if the cars have similar power.... the vr4's can be quick and with just exhaust, intake, and downpipe those things can hit low 13's. put a boost controller on it and those things hauled. only problem is they were built like junk. altho the stealth is a worse car... true the engines are the same but the tranny was horrible.

in this race i have to give the nod EASILY to the vr4 IF the kid is a good driver.

Obviously you didnt reasearch anything since 94-95 cars had 320hp stock, have a best "mag" time of 13.44, and the stealth is the EXACT same car mechanically and 90% cosmetically. AWD is awesome for street performance. You can cut 1.7 60's stock on normal street tires on the track or on the street. Obviously RWD is the best for track dragging when setup properly. Name a stronger stock awd tranny? And the interior/build quality is better than any mustang ever made. No flame just sharing information.

check out this article http://popularmechanics.com/popmech/auto3/9907AUCTBM.html