315's and effect on suspension characteristics

nystateofmind27

Mar 7, 2006
Hello all,

I am considering getting 17x10.5 wheels with 315/35-17 tires for the back of the car and I'm wondering if this is a smart choice for non-drag purposes. What are the other expected effects of running such wide tires?

I'd like the best cornering possible (also doing a suspension work, shocks coils LCA's at the same time) but I'd like to make sure that installing these won't be counter-productive.

Thanks,
Peter

• Sponsors (?)

I ran them on my car until I sold them and put on my new wheel s and had no problems at all. Here's a pic of what it looked like.

curbback.jpg

I had 245/45 up front when I had the 17's. I know have 18's and summer tires I run 255 up front and 295 in back but I will be changing to a 305or 315 this Spring in the rear.

I completely eliminated my quad shocks and went with LCA's on the rear instead because my 315's wouldn't even mount on the car with them installed.

And the handling all together improved from the all stock 245 on each corner.

I had 245/45 up front when I had the 17's. I know have 18's and summer tires I run 255 up front and 295 in back but I will be changing to a 305or 315 this Spring in the rear.

I completely eliminated my quad shocks and went with LCA's on the rear instead because my 315's wouldn't even mount on the car with them installed.

And the handling all together improved from the all stock 245 on each corner.

99, which LCA's did you end up going with?

Thanks,
Peter

If you get the right tire it will stick like its on rails. They definatly helped cornering traction.

:stupid:

I been running sumos 315 in the back and have no problems at all. No rubing on exhaust, nothing. Certain companys do run a tad bigger than others even though there both 315s which may cause a little rubbing. you can fix that though. You shouldn't have any other effects running 315 in the back

If you think about this logically a wider wheel will help with cornering because it will be more stable than a skinny wheel! My car corners really well with the 10.5 out back I noticed a difference. But the only disadvantage is rubbing and they will weigh a little more.