32v "B" heads VS. Trick Flow 2v heads

• Sponsors (?)

What is done to the car now? 289HP and 311 TQ is good. Is that at the wheels?

I would think just getting Trick Flow heads would be more cost effective. Getting early Cobras heads sounds costly. Ever see how much 96-98 Cobra intakes go for?

i can get a complete 98 cobra motor for $900 or a 98 32v mrk 8 mtr for $500.

ported PI heads, comp valve springs
vt stage 2 cams
unkown brand upper plenum and throttle body (bought used and he didnt know) looks kinda like the dragon ones but not sure.
BBK longtubes, off road H, bassani mufflers
motive 4.10 gears ,new bearings throughout
custom tune (over written on an old sct tune it already had)

I think you're spending a lot of money, for very little with either one at this point. Especially if you plan on staying N/A. I mean.....you've already got ported PI's. How much more flow do you think you're going to need when you're only pushing 4.6L of air through them. I'd save up for a power adder at this point and call it a day. That $900 you were going to spend on a Cobra engine, or $1,500+ you were going to spend on a set of Trick Flow heads will go a long way towards a blower. :nice:

stick w/ the 2v, its alot of work/money to put 4v heads on. aftermarket cams 1000+ vs 500+, not to many intakes to choose from, have to get new headers, plus all the other parts. Your better off saying w/ your modded 2v and adding a power adder or getting the trickflow heads.

I gotta go with Gearbanger on this one. When you have a mod motor, go with a blower. They can handle the boost with a good tune and good fuel. Save the HCI work for pushrods.

The 2v heads will provide a better power curve and the TFS heads will out flow the stock B heads.
No they wont. B heads outflow Termi heads. B heads can flow way more then is needed. They just dont have the velocity of the TF or 03/04 heads. :shrug:

That being said, I think 4v OR TF heads will only give you 10+ hp over what you have. The Teksid block is lighter which will help in the handling department and the block is much stronger as well. So I can see the difficulty in the choice. A power adder such as the turbo you are looking at would prolly be better for you :shrug:

What is your power goal?

No they wont. B heads outflow Termi heads. B heads can flow way more then is needed. They just dont have the velocity of the TF or 03/04 heads. :shrug:

That being said, I think 4v OR TF heads will only give you 10+ hp over what you have. The Teksid block is lighter which will help in the handling department and the block is much stronger as well. So I can see the difficulty in the choice. A power adder such as the turbo you are looking at would prolly be better for you :shrug:

What is your power goal?

Here you are....03/04 DOHC cobra/mach heads> 96-98 B series heads even in raw flow #s. :nice:

6632V4VFlowNumb.jpg

Attachments

• 6632V4VFlowNumb.jpg
    6632V4VFlowNumb.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 310
Reactions: 1 user
Thanks.... but I am gonna play dumb and not believe it :p
I know I have read more then a half dozen times that b heads flow more then 03/04 but the air velocity wasnt nearly as high so they didnt work as well :shrug:
You can see that the 4V flows WAY more then any 2V though :nice:

i already have a power adder for it. and im taking the pi heads off because they have already been shaved/decked and i know that cant be boost friendly.

I doubt a slight decking is going to change compression figures much. I have mine decked about .010-.015 as well and I'm running 9-10psi with my set up. I doubt you could shave enough material from them at all to affect the compression ratio to that point where its going to have a negative effect.

Besides....you could always work the air damn in the combustion chamber down a little if you were really worried about it. Its really a non-issue IMO? :shrug: