331 dyno numbers

So I got my car dyno'ed today. It ended up putting down 332hp and 340tq on a mustang dyno. It ran around a 12.5 afr with 30 degrees of spark. Next time I go i'm going to try 12.8:1 and a few more degrees. I was expecting slightly bigger numbers, was I asking too much?

A Mustang dyno typically records numbers 6-7% lower than a Dynojet. Therefore you could have got about 355rwhp and 365rwtq on a Dynojet which is very good for a 331. Unfortunately it looks like you're spinning away too much power at the tires 'cause with that amount of rwhp you should have been in the low 12's.

• Sponsors (?)

Same with my cam. I'm going to try bumping the timing up to 34 later today and see how that goes. :nice:

Grady I have to thank you i'm pretty new to tuning, i'm just starting to get the hang of it and your site helped alot.

Glad you found some help there :)

Wes has some good stuff on his Wiki site too :nice:

Just have some fun and don't be afraid to try out different things :D

Welcome to the world of self tuning :crazy: :rlaugh:

Grady

Sounds good:nice: , I just decided to log onto stangnet and poke around for the first time in a while, I'm getting pumped to get my car back, april 5th! Then finally I can sell this VW:p I'm thinking about alot tuning, It ran good last year but it still wasn't as drivable as stock. I'll post up a curve of my dyno too when I get a chance