331 Stroker... Input Please.

thekid760

Sep 10, 2006
Ok guys, I'm in the process of building 1 331 stroker for my 65' Mustang. It will be a weekend cruiser, mainly street driven with the occasional trip to the strip & road course.

Driveline: AOD w/ shift kit, ~2800 stall lock-up, 8.8" 31spline Trac-Loc 3.73 gears w/ 245/45/17 street tires.

Suspension: 4.5 or 5 leaf reverse eye, KYB shocks, Lakewood slapper traction bars.

Engine:
- 331 stroker roller block, cast crank, forged I-beams, Forged pistons. 9.2:1 CR
- TFS Stage II cam
-AFR 185cc street heads, 7/16 1.6 Miller Aluminum RR.
- Vic Jr intake, Holley 3310 750cfm Vacuum Sec. Carb.
-Heddman 1 5/8" Longtubes, 2.5" thu 2 chamber Flowmasters.
-Edelbrock #1725 110gph Mechanical Fuel Pump, 7/16" Fuel line.
-Fox Body serpentine, Underdrive pullies, 3G alt, PS, No AC, Power brakes.
-Aluminum Reverse rotation WP, 180 deg Tstat, 2core Aluminum Radiator & large trans cooler.

I think that's everything.
Any comments? Things you'd change? I was considering running an XE282HR cam instead of the TFS that I have, think that will be too much?

Thanks guys for everything. :SNSign::nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds good!! the TFS2 cam will work fine.. I would suggest the smaller Runner CC heads, install the TFS2 cam in at 2* advanced, and have a blast!! Try not to get into the HUGE runners and valve size for a dual purpose car... yes?? The Torque is the important factor for a street car.. the HP goes were it goes, but keep the power low on the rpm scale to have fun drives and smoke the once in a while street engagement!! ( LOL) That carb size is right ON!!

Just me.................................

Thumper