331 vs 347

Lynx331

Jan 5, 2004
Chicago IL
Well guys... the winter is fast approaching.. and i want to have everything planned, exactly what im gona do and how im gona do it. Im really considering a stroker kit. I just really dont know much about the two. I kno the 347 will benefit from more cubes, but are the 347's really reliable? Ive heard they only last about 100,000 miles? Is that true? Basically can anyone give me a general set of pros and cons for the 331 and 347? Is a 347 the biggest you can bore and stroke a 302? Will a stroker kit be ok on my stock block? Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

Lynx331 said:
Will a 331 be able to pull through a big head? Such as a AFR 205 for example?

Yes, no issues at all....

331 or 347 both if built correctly will last a long time, and be very reliable you just have to pick the right parts ;) The 347 and 331 both use the same bore size, but the stroker is a 3.4 vs a 3.25, rod length can both be a 5.4 or you can run a 5.315" rod to keep the ring out of the pin on a 347 (my reccomendation)

The power difference between the too is very little...

MeanMussy said:
I think this is being discussed in another thread... but yes, the 205 will work on a 331.. but you will loose TQ down low vs. a smaller head. but.. you'll gain top end hp w/ the 205s.

Not necessarily it really depends on the rest of the package, just because it is large runner head doesn't mean you will lose low end....common misconception and internet myth.