345ci Nitrous'd Notchback Progress Thread

Dam your notch looks so badass wit those big meats and those black wheels:rock: great ETs i gotta get out within the next couple weeks make some passes now that the air is good and before the season ends:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

ive been back to the track three times, the first time the car was hooking for the first 10-20 feet, then it would start spinning the tires, i had no clue what was going on, i was still cutting like 1.8 60's so it wasnt completly blowing the tires off... Well i found out that i had a bent shock and when it would compress the pass side, it wouldnt rebound, leaving the body almost touching the tire.

Second time it was a little hot, track was junk, counldnt even get ET streets to hook for more than a 1.85 60' my best time that day was an 11.50 at 118 though.

Third time was last weds, first and only pass launched at 3500 rpm's and it actually hooked, 1.65 60' then i missed 3rd :doh: Then it started sprinkling, SO OF COURSE LEBANON VALLEY HAD TO CALL THE NIGHT. i was pretty pissed, it litterally rained(sprinkled) for 15 minutes and they shut it down.

The good news is that switching from a 15x8 inch rim to a 15x10 made a world of a difference in how the car hooks up, and i was excited to see what more rpms did for the launch.
For a comparison im running a 275/60 BFG drag radial on a 15x10, and on a 3500 rpm launch i pulled a 1.65 60'
My M/T drag radials i had a best of 1.67 on a 4500 rpm launch on a 15x8 inch wheel before the suspension work.

Im hoping to go back to the track this weekend, i finally feel like most of the bugs are worked out, and plan on going to new england dragway which i hear is a better track

Good to see you figured out the problem. I'm also interested in the difference you noticed from the 10" to 8".

It's interesting how the slightest thing will change the change the car. On stock suspension I've run a 1.56 60'. Then I put in rear drag springs, lower and upper control arms and could only muster a 1.82 60'. This is all on crappy (and I mean crappy) 26 x 8 slicks.

Frustrating to hear about the track. I'm hopin that I can make some good passes this weekend as it' the last event this year, it's already getting chilly here :(

Dam your notch looks so badass wit those big meats and those black wheels:rock: great ETs i gotta get out within the next couple weeks make some passes now that the air is good and before the season ends:nice:

thanks man, the tires are actually the same size but switching to a 10" rim the tire grew over 2" i measured the tire from the ground with a straight-edge and it was over 13" from what i remember. Cant wait to get out in the cool fall air and try for some good numbers before the season is out

thanks man, the tires are actually the same size but switching to a 10" rim the tire grew over 2" i measured the tire from the ground with a straight-edge and it was over 13" from what i remember. Cant wait to get out in the cool fall air and try for some good numbers before the season is out

hmm thats odd my hoosier R6's are 275's and they measure a bit over 14" on my 9" rims, im gonna guess that road race tires are different?

hmm thats odd my hoosier R6's are 275's and they measure a bit over 14" on my 9" rims, im gonna guess that road race tires are different?

the aspect ratio makes a big difference. people will argue this to the death, but ive seen it in person. a 275 is not a 275.

A 275/50 is wider than a 275/60, both being on a 15"x8" rim

how'd you fit a 14" tire in the rear? for that matter howd you fit them in the front. Im really pushin it right now with my setup

im running M179 cobra r's all around, and technically they dont fit, removed the quads etc, rolling the fenders this weekend so i can drop the car another 3" all the way around, the front however was a bit more difficult i didnt take alot of pics as i was on a time restrained but it involved cutting the fenders and drilling them to accept spreader bar type things on the inside to push the upper portion of the fender out and the lower fender squared to the ground, results were stellar, very difficult to notice its been done unless you stand just right or are looking for it, notice how the front bumper kinda squares out more,
PICT0033.jpg

PICT0035.jpg

PICT0015-2.jpg

PICT0016-1.jpg

PICT0018-1.jpg

PICT0022-1.jpg

PICT0021-1.jpg

PICT0029.jpg

thats cool how the fronts came out, im not a big fan of flared out aftermarket fenders, those stock ones flared look killer, if i was doing a road race car thats how i'd do it.

Ok, bringing this one back from the dead, i made alot changes since i updated this, put the box-r intake on, faceplated the transmission, built the rear with 9" ends, no c-clips, narrowed a little bit to tuck the tires just right and i had to custom mill the north race cars brackets to work with the moser ends and backing plate to hold the axles in. Also had the torque boxes fixed(again) by a local guy around here that does some great work, he did the rear end also. The car has also been at the body shop the whole summer and will finally be done by this weekend or early next week. Now heres a ton of pics

Rearend

Tq boxes and subframes i painted, if you notice the tq boxes are now made up of thick plate and the subframe connector was extended all the way back

These last pics are just of a 325 i tried to mock up for shts and giggles, they didnt fit, not even close, they hit the shock, and stuck way out of the outside of the wheelwell, i dont know how anyone fits these in a stock tub.

275 vs 325

the motor hasnt really changed much(on the first page), still the same cam, the only thing i changed was switching to the box-r intake and titanium retaners, which i did as a precaution because with the 4.30's i think im gonna be spinning a good ammount of RPM's thru the traps and before the retainers it would float the valves at 6700, it should spin to 7000 now but im hoping on motor i will only have to rev it to about 6600 at the big end

Eww bondo, other than that, looks good. I think the 325's have to do with offset mostly, cause my rims even with 275's pit back i have about 2.5" on the inside of the rim safely before i hit the coil overs

i dont care who you bring your car to, most body work is getting at least a skim coat of bondo. on a 20 year old car its hard to avoid

And the 325's are on the correct offset wheel, if they had less backspace they would be way too far out, and if they had more backspace they wouldnt even make it all the way on.