345ci Nitrous'd Notchback Progress Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Wow, car runs damn strong! Have to make some plans to head down this way one weekend. I hear 80 degrees on Saturday :D...

Yea im super happy with it, i need to ditch the stock clutch fan and launch a little harder and hopefully i'll be able to knock some time off.

I'm down to go to the track whenever, mabye not next weekend though, I'm waiting on a bracket for the breather tank so i can put my new valve covers on. The ones i'm using now are starting to leak a little more everytime i drive it.

BTW, lebanon resurfaced the track and its working pretty well, those runs were made on bald MT ET street radials, i pulled two 1.7x 60's and the final run was a 1.66, and i was launching around 4500, im gonna keep bumping the launch RPM up and see what happens. But the new trakc is definitly good, I could never get the car to hook there on drag radials, i was so shocked that it hooked that i missed second gear. :D

when is the no-parts unlimited err, i mean mustangs unlimited show this year?

Mustangs Unlimited is this Sunday coming up.

As for racing I have a rear and clutch to do before I head to the track. Driving around town is fine, launching hard, or powershifting is painful to say the least!

Haha nice, i'll probly swing by the show sunday, when do people ususally start showing up at the pike?

The pike I'm not sure really. I haven't been there in a while, only went a few times last year. I would say Sat is the best night, and dusk is when the car show at BK starts to fill up. Be careful, I hear the cops are going to be extra tough on people this year! Good thing I drive like an old lady on the Pike. LOL

Ah, I had to help my dad do a few things move the trailer around and get Katies car out. Was hoping to drive her car out there but by the time I got it out of hibernation it was to late. Even the ricers around here were talking about your car, hear it was looking good. :nice:

Looks like a killer setup dude. What kind of 60' were you running before this?

1 pulled a 1.65 before, that was launching around 4500, im hoping to bump it to 5500 and i would like to see mid 1.4's on the 60 footer.

i havent been to the track with the new suspension, miller race cars scaled the car set the pinion angle correctly, and did the anti roll bar. Cant say enough good things about Jamie Miller's work, great guy to do business with too. Going to the track tommorow to see what happens

how was the last track outing with the suspension set-up?

ive been back to the track three times, the first time the car was hooking for the first 10-20 feet, then it would start spinning the tires, i had no clue what was going on, i was still cutting like 1.8 60's so it wasnt completly blowing the tires off... Well i found out that i had a bent shock and when it would compress the pass side, it wouldnt rebound, leaving the body almost touching the tire.

Second time it was a little hot, track was junk, counldnt even get ET streets to hook for more than a 1.85 60' my best time that day was an 11.50 at 118 though.

Third time was last weds, first and only pass launched at 3500 rpm's and it actually hooked, 1.65 60' then i missed 3rd :doh:

The good news is that switching from a 15x8 inch rim to a 15x10 made a world of a difference in how the car hooks up, and i was excited to see what more rpms did for the launch.

For a comparison im running a 275/60 BFG drag radial on a 15x10, and on a 3500 rpm launch i pulled a 1.65 60'
My M/T drag radials i had a best of 1.67 on a 4500 rpm launch on a 15x8 inch wheel before the suspension work.

Im hoping to go back to the track this weekend, i finally feel like most of the bugs are worked out, and plan on going to new england dragway which i hear is a better track

Last edited: