347 in and running

I fixed the popping. It was lean, VERY VERY lean. I had to go +114% fuel at idle to fix it. Its in thre 16:1 ish range at idle now. It was like 33:1 LOL. Good thing for the wideband!! I also have a check engine light. I'm gonna disconnect the battery for a while and see. If its not raining anytime soon, i'll pull the upper intake and go vacuum leak searching. The car is very jerky and bucks. Gotta drain the oil too.

• Sponsors (?)

I've come to the conclusion that the vacuum leak i have is causing me to need all this fuel at idle. Like I said, its +114% at idle. The pops I heard through the intake were lean pops but thats all taken care of now. I have a check engine light too. Right now i have the battery disconnected to reset the eec KAM and clear the codes. If its not raining tomorrow i'll pick up a can of carb cleaner and search for vac leaks. Theres 1 vacuum line on the upper intake that goes from 1 port on the upper to another port on the upper. Its pretty much sandwiched between the upper intake and the valve cover. I think im gonna pull that line off and plug the ports. If I don't, it'll melt eventually. It seems useless to me. The car will start up and idle just fine now, but it idles high @ about 1200 rpm. I guess b/c of the vacuum leak.

thats cool

congrats on the motor job...im sure u cant wait to let it loose at the track....im gonna do something like that soon and have a small power adder of some sort too...wanted to ask u a question....since it says u live in long island are u anywhere near mustang magic?? i have an appointment there monday for a 2 stage chip tune and was wondering where the hell it is...and also if they have a good reputation there?

lxwants12's said:
congrats on the motor job...im sure u cant wait to let it loose at the track....im gonna do something like that soon and have a small power adder of some sort too...wanted to ask u a question....since it says u live in long island are u anywhere near mustang magic?? i have an appointment there monday for a 2 stage chip tune and was wondering where the hell it is...and also if they have a good reputation there?

Do yourself a favor and stay the FU CK away from mustang tragic! Your better off having a blind monkey tune your car ;) If your smart, you won't show up for your appointment and you'll buy a good tuning device and a wideband. Not to sound rude, but i'm not telling where they are b/c I will NOT help get them business. They fu cked me so where ever possible, I fu ck them ;)

Grn92LX said:
Do yourself a favor and stay the F*** away from mustang tragic! ....... They f****d me so where ever possible, I f*** them ;)

Why do soooo many businesses go for the first round ko ... instead of earning your business and then exploiting your wallet through trust, loyalty and word of mouth :nonono:

Like kickin' the twenty outta the way to pick up the nickel :shrug:

They're gonna lose this guys future business, just by rakin' you over the coals ... morons :rolleyes:

94GTLaserRC said:
Hey Rick:

Do you do COMPLETE assemblies??

Im looking for a complete built motor minus the accessories ( RPM 2, AFR 185's, custom cam, oil pan, tube, flex plate, balancer, etc.)

Thanks
RC

Yes, pan to intake and everything in between ;) I'm getting married tomorrow and then I am off to Aruba for a week. So I will not be able to quote anything till after I come back [email protected] or PM me.

Rick 91GT said:
I just sent another 331 V2-Strim car away last night, man it runs great. I love seeing the smiles on guys faces when they pick them up.

And that would be my car...

The car is a BEAST! The first time I felt that power I was like: :jaw: Now I have to chill out until the break in period, then it's ON! :D

I need to update my siggy now :D

Thanks again Rick :hail2:

grn92lx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just got done doing my 331 stroker and i deleted my ac and smog pump...........where did you get that belt and what is the part number? and help would be greatly appreciated. I have been looking all over for a belt that fits!!!! nothing like building a motor yourself and starting it up :D

Modular2v said:
grn92lx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just got done doing my 331 stroker and i deleted my ac and smog pump...........where did you get that belt and what is the part number? and help would be greatly appreciated. I have been looking all over for a belt that fits!!!! nothing like building a motor yourself and starting it up :D

Got it from autozone. Its a goodyear gatorback belt part # 4060715

Just remember I have a 3G alternator and under drive pulleys so it might not be 100% exact. This belt is a tight fit.

90notch, yes i'm keeping the stroker, no blower for me :D

Its pouring rain today so I didn't work on it. I picked up some carb cleaner so hopefully I can find this vacuum leak. I'm probbaly gonna pull the upper intake off and delete that 1 vacuum line that goes from 1 port on the upper to another port on the upper. It looks useless to me and if I don't remove it its gonna melt since its siting between the upper and the valve cover.

TIMMY2734 said:
My line hasnt melted. Its been there for maybe 8 months now, sandwhiched between the valve covers.

Im gonna remove it and plug the port while i have the upper off. That line seems useless. Are you using the nut/stud under the tb or did you replace it with a bolt? You know, that PITA nut to hold the upper to the lower. I replaced it with a bolt.

Rick 91GT said:
Yes, pan to intake and everything in between ;) I'm getting married tomorrow and then I am off to Aruba for a week. So I will not be able to quote anything till after I come back [email protected] or PM me.

Cool.....Congrats!!!

Married.jpg

RC