347 Induction Configuration help needed

I have a 347 crate engine coming in. The builder will break-in and Dyno test the engine. They advertise producing 455ft.lbs. / 435HP.

I've sent out my GT-40 upper/lower intake to the Extrude hone people who say that process could add 20-30 HP to the total output.

I will not use any power adders. I will use a Tremec TKO 600 5-Spd, 373 gears, long tubes, X-pipe, cat backs. Car will be a Daily driver and will be subject to Texas state inspections.

I'm seeking experienced input on what size Induction/Injector components to use for the following parts:

-MAF
-Throttle body
- EGR Spacer
- Injector size

Any input on how to tune the ECU would be helpful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

-D

• Sponsors (?)

yea i would say 30lb injectors, 70mm TB & EGR, and maybe a bigger MAF...like 80mm. Make sure the injectors are ford pieces, and the MAF is P-MAS. Accufab is the best name in throttle bodies...but they are pricey!

I would think that an extrude honed gt-40 would be just as good if not better than a TFS intake...but you're the expert on that subject. Whats the verdict? Extrude Honed Gt-40 or TFS street heat?!

Extrude hone does not take that much material out - and they cannot control WHERE they take material out either. There is a tech article on my website regarding EH.

Which is better? What is the HP and rpm band you want to make it in? It's all relative to the goals. The ported GT40 may make more power in the low-mid range and the larger section TF may make more top end - but guess what - the CAM has a BIG part to say in that as does the exhaust system and all realted parts of a coordinated package.

I will be running a 70mm TB, 42lb inj., 90mm MAF with my Dart 347, but it will have TFS TW heads with an Eddy EFI Victor 5.0 int.and custom cam. I also had a GT-40 intake that I was going to reuse, but after hours of research of others engine combo's, and about a hundred questions for ( rick91gt ) the guy building my motor... on intakes I ended up with the Victor 5.0 I found mine used for 350$.

honestly, the TFS-R intake may have been a slightly better choice, but I hate the way they look, plus Rick had good things to say about both.