347 not turning....help fast

• Sponsors (?)

I built the motor with a highly experienced technician (teacher). It is my first motor though. The pistons are tight, KB says .0020 piston to wall clearance. Stock combustin chambers. I can turn the crank with a wrench, it is pretty tough though, but it turns....So high torque starter?

If you can turn the motor with a wrench, then its not the starter, unless its messed up, then ull need a new one. But im willing to bet you battery isnt FULLY charged. Have you tried jumper cables while your turning the motor over? is the drivetrain hooked up?

Its been hooked up to a charger all night and still is when i try to start it. Engine does need breakin in bad, but gotta get it started first. Battery does fall flat on its face when i tun the key though, but starter still engages and tries to crank, but sometimes only turns an inch and other times get denied completely.
Thanks alot guys

Its been hooked up to a charger all night and still is when i try to start it. Engine does need breakin in bad, but gotta get it started first. Battery does fall flat on its face when i tun the key though, but starter still engages and tries to crank, but sometimes only turns an inch and other times get denied completely. Drivetrain all hooked up.
Thanks alot guys

If the battery falls on its face when u crank it, the battery is SHOT. get yourself another vehicle in there and hook up some cables...let the jumper vehicle charge your system for a few minutes, leave the cables on, and give her hell. I garuntee it will start, or at least crank over. I had the same problem. DO IT!

Sounds like he just REALLLLLY wants a high torque starter! ;)

Like everyone else has said, wouldnt matter if you had it on the charger, if the battery is shot, then it will not hold a charge, no matter how long you kept it on.

I have the one with the big Amp starter option been tryin that all day. Trust me, I dont wanna have to put a new starter in, thats what im thinkin will solve the problem though. got my truck hooked up to it right now as i type this.