347 Short Block, Where to buy??

88GTStreetRod

Jan 5, 2004
USA
Looking for a 347 short block, but not wanting to spend $5k on the boss version. Looking for a very reliable supplier. I have heard that some of the mjor engine building companies, really do not have the best most reliable motors. Any suggestions??

• Sponsors (?)

I wouldnt go to DSS if it were me. My good friend has had 2 347's fail from them in the last 6 mos. He has been fighting with them on the second one.

I've heard the same about DSS, but what i dont understang is why does everyone always use a 302? Why dont more of us get a 351 and stroke it to a 408. 302 cubic inch to 351 cubic inch!I'm currently doing a 351 and the parts are dam near the same price! peace

john:p

Intake,sometimes headers,head bolts ared bigger on a 351 dizzy is diffrent, and if your putting a 351 in a fox then you need the oil pan conversion as well. But yeah a 351 will make tons more power then a 302 any day and for close to the same price! peace

john:p

A friend has this setup for sale all brand new.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since selling the 1989 notchback Mustang a couple of weeks ago, I no longer have the need for the following:

Ford Racing “Sportsman” 302 block
Eagle 347 forged stroker crank
Eagle 347 forged I-Beam rods
Ross 347 stroker pistons
File fit plasma-moly piston ring set (1/16-1/16-3/16)
King Main and Rod bearings
ATI harmonic balancer
Ford Racing aluminum flywheel with steel insert.

Block is brand new and was bored and honed using torque plates , and is machined/notched for stroker clearances. Rotating assembly has been balanced and main/rod bearing tolerances have been measured/verified. New cam bearings, freeze plugs, and oil galley plugs.

$2800

Have Scott (Coupe) build you one. He is a nice guy and knows his ****!!

BTW, what the hell is this going in? the 88 has a 331 right? New project?? uh oh...

Yah, we think it does, but can not verify. It's using some oil (does not smoke), but come to find out its probably the PVC valve and some breathr issues. We are pulling th motor, figured I would upgrade while its out and I have some $$ to spend on it.