347 stroker PISTON SWAP

CONCRETEWARFARE

Apr 8, 2005
NEW YORK
I have a 347 shortblock sitting in my garage that I want to use with my blower setup. The problem is its setup for high compression. My question is can I use any type of piston or do they have special pistons for 347 kits? I know I will have to buy lower compression pistons but im just not sure if there is any difference in stroker vs non stroker pistons.

• Sponsors (?)

yea for right now im using good old e7s. They are really ported out though. They are also decked to 61cc which is the same as the trick flows I will eventually be able to afford. I am going to be boosting this combo so it should help a little with the lack of head for now.

your going to need to get a slightly dished piston to keep compression the same as stock.

remember that stroking an engine increases its compression ratio (assuming you use same heads, HG thickness and pistons.

Yes the 347 needs a 347 piston do to the compression height of the 347 piston. Be carefull and check out the rods... there is a piston for the 5.4 rod ( most common) or a shorter rod. The easy way is to look at the piston.. if the oil ring goes around the wrist pin, then the 5.4 rod is the one and get that type piston!! Check summit... Jegs.. ect they sell the dished pistons for your application... cool??

Just me..............................

Thumper

PS those ported E7s will support over 450+ HP on boost!! Have fun..

Tpr