351 camshafts????

Matts89LX5.0

Founding Member
Nov 1, 2002
Long Island, NY
my friends 351 motor is non roller and he was wondering which cam off the shelf would be ok for ported heads, with 10:1 compression, basically a mild cam, like the equivalent to an E cam for a 302. His motor is also carbed if that makes any difference. thanks.

Matt

• Sponsors (?)

Call lunati or comp. That is what they are there for. They could give you a way better answer than what we could.

FYI there are plenty of off the shelf roller conversion kits and cams for a 351. You could pretty much put the e303 in there if you wanted to.

hllon4whls said:
Call lunati or comp. That is what they are there for. They could give you a way better answer than what we could.

FYI there are plenty of off the shelf roller conversion kits and cams for a 351. You could pretty much put the e303 in there if you wanted to.

Unless they are trying to save money. Doug herbert performance sells conversion kits also cheaper than Crane by far. 199 for the lifters compared to 400 from crane.

Matts89LX5.0 said:
what would benefit him if he converted it to a roller motor? Is there anything bad about it not being one?

You can make plenty of power with a flat tappet. The roller design is more efficent and it can make more power with less overlap due to the higher ramp rates. I have a flat cam in my car and it is a hydraulic. It has a lot of lope and makes very good power.