351 swap part # listing - I just need a couple more!

Ok, so I’ve done most of my research when it comes to the 351 swap in a 95 mustang. I have made a list of the part numbers but I am wondering if I am missing anything. Please let me know what the part is and the part number. I really appreciate it!

Oil Pan - Ford Racing P/N M-6675-A58
Oil Drive - Ford Racing P/N M-6605-A341
Flywheel - Ford Racing P/N M-6375-A302
Harmonic Balancer - Ford Racing P/N M-6316-C351
Crankshaft Pulley Spacer - M-8510-B351
Lower Intake Manifold - Edelbrock P/N 3884
Accessory Bracket - Ford Racing P/N M-8511-B351
Oil Pump - ??
Fuel Rail Connector Tubes - ??
Distributor - ??

I realize I haven’t listed headers but I am going with a turbocharger kit so I won’t need headers. As well to this, I’ve read you can use the stock fuel rails but I need to change the tube that connects the rails, however where could I get this special tube? When it comes to the distributor, do I need a lightning distributor, or will a distributor out of any 351 truck work? I’ve read there is clearance issues when it comes to the battery, can anyone confirm this? Last question, which fuel pump will I need?

Thanks a lot, I appreciate you taking the time to answer yet another 351 swap list of questions.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm 99% sure you only have to notch the battery tray. Just take a dremel and remove any offending area. Shouldn't be too hard since the tray is plastic.

I'm pretty sure any 351 distributor would work as long as the firing order is the same, but why not go with a nice MSD unit?

I think you can go to autozone and buy a longer fuel hose to connect the fuel rails.

Ditto on the distributor. You could go to a junk yard and pull the distributor from a 5.8L Ford truck but I would rather buy a pro-billet from MSD. Summit sells most if not all the conversion parts for cheap that you need. What's an old drive? Is that the pickup? Never heard about having to get new fuel rail connector tubes. Guess that depends on what height the block is that you get and where the motor mounts will have it set.

squall9393 said:
Oh yeah BTW I saw your thread with the pic of the 351W your using. Are you keeping it carb or going FE with it?

If you were talking to me, yes, I'm going with fuel injection. I wouldn't have it any other way.

As for the fuel cross over, you only have to extend the cross over hose from the passenger side to the driver's side on the lower intake because the motor is wider than a 302. The difference in height is not a problem.

SorsCode said:
I would only do the cut and splice deal for temp. Until you get money for some aftermarket rails because mine started leakin on me the other day turing a test start on the engine stand.

Hmmmm that sucks. Who sells the rails i would need? What size? How hard is the install? I would try to just do it right the first time if they are not too expensive.

Thanks for the help...i dont know much about the fuel rails and such. :hail2:

I ended up with some BBRC Fuel rails. Haven't installed them yet. Car isn't even ready for motor yet. Like said Engine was started on engine stand and tested. But I would recommend doing some aftermarket rails.

Looking at those links.. You could do something like that.

I thought that the crankshaft pulley spacer was only for the Fox bodies. There was a couple of guys that I talked to that did the swap and didn't use the spacer. For the ones that have done the swap, is it needed?