Engine 351c Backfiring/ And Not Running At Idle

Discussion in 'Classic Mustang Specific Tech' started by chad ruehlen, May 22, 2013.

1. robert912005

robert912005 Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Not saying that you are stupid but here is the firing order and cylinder number for a 351C...
    1,3,7,2,6,5,4,8 and the number one cylinder is on the passenger side facing the front of the block. The rotor for the distributor turns counter clockwaise under the distributor cap. Here is a very good website for engine building... www.boxwrench.net
  2. chad ruehlen

chad ruehlen New Member

lol I love it. I never mind people giving me the discount double check. I have the same info, and i've rebuilt the top end three times in the past due to various reasons, never had an issue. thanks for the link I'll study while I'm working today.
  3. chad ruehlen

chad ruehlen New Member

Holy hell I finally got it! After speaking with justin from msd support(awesome guy) we figured out by putting a jumper from the +coil to +battery that the 12v ignition wasnt giving enough power to the coil!!!!! He had me put a 5 10 relay inbeween the battery and the coil and my beauty is finally running. Thanks for all the support fellas. PS fireball caused because mustang likes 20 degrees initial.
  4. Iamdiffrnt

Iamdiffrnt Member

Glad to hear you finally got it figured out! You'll be cruising in no time.