351W swap coming soon, some Q's

99FiveOh

10 Year Member
May 20, 2006
J-Ville, FL
I'm finally going to do this swap because my motor has a zillion miles and I'm not comfortable modding it. Plus, I'm planning a self installed junkyard turbo build and I'll need a stronger block to start out with.

One question is will a Saleen extractor style hood clear with a typhoon/eddy style intake?

Second, does the exhaust note sound all that different after the swap, like deeper and such?

May have more questions later but don't worry, I'll be sure to use the search function before posting those :nice:

Oh, and anything you want to warn or prepare me for that'll pop up mid swap, I'd be much obliged! :D

• Sponsors (?)

I'm finally going to do this swap because my motor has a zillion miles and I'm not comfortable modding it. Plus, I'm planning a self installed junkyard turbo build and I'll need a stronger block to start out with.

One question is will a Saleen extractor style hood clear with a typhoon/eddy style intake?

Second, does the exhaust note sound all that different after the swap, like deeper and such?

May have more questions later but don't worry, I'll be sure to use the search function before posting those :nice:

Oh, and anything you want to warn or prepare me for that'll pop up mid swap, I'd be much obliged! :D

Im not sure about that hood for sure.

I think mine sounds deeper then my previous 302's did

Lots of TQ, you will love it.

my cobra hood fits over mine, but my k-member drops the motor 3/4". i have a typhoon intake which, by the way, does not flow nearly enough for my engine. but it sure is pretty

and try to get a later model roller block. you can save yourself $400 on lifters if you do

my cobra hood fits over mine, but my k-member drops the motor 3/4". i have a typhoon intake which, by the way, does not flow nearly enough for my engine. but it sure is pretty

and try to get a later model roller block. you can save yourself $400 on lifters if you do

would the really expensive lifters be needed on an engine bought from any of the current engine builders...CHP, RNH, DSS ?