351w

• Sponsors (?)

Check this out. Although it wasn't working for me a min ago.

www.freewebs.com/vristang/fox351wswapfaq.htm -

And yes, u can retain ur fuel injection. I just did this swap last year and can give u tips if needed. Even fit it all under a stock 92 hood with only removing a small bit of bracing.

that was some great information. thanks alot. ill let you know when i start my build soon.

i just stuffed a stroked 351 into my fox and my stock hood wont come close to closing.

im running the solid motor mounts and a edelbrock performer intake.

what am i missing here cause mine is still way too tall?

I ran the eddy super vic jr (looks like a carb intake with their elbow) Fit just fine with vert mounts and about 3 inchs of the bracing cut out by the t/b. Only had a hard time getting a cold air to line up. Made it work though.

Not a big deal. Just be careful not to actully cut the sheet metal. I cut about 6 inches of the bracing out. I couldn't find any pics of it last night. They must be hiding on a memory card somewhere. But its real simple. I just put a pry bar behind the bracing to get it away from the hood and cut away. Sprayed a little color matched paint on the rough edges to keep rust away and called it good. Very sneaky.

so i tried to get the stock hood to fit, i used the solid motor mounts which lower it 3/4 of a inch then removed the insulation pad, then lowered it down, on my hood there isnt any bracing anywhere near anything that was close to hitting, it was all just the sheetmetal of the hood, the breather tube on top of the throttle body was hitting so i adjusted it alittle bit and it cleared and then the drivers front side of the intake was hitting, the hood shuts but its touching the intake. im not willing to grind on the top of the intake so im still having to go with a cowl. :(

Only way I saw fiting was the carb style sup vic jr I had with their elbow. still BARELY clears. I slammed the hood the day the motor blew and it actually put a little tent dent in the b/c the hood flexed far enough down.... just added fuel to the fires.

ya i bet, my hood actually closes dont get me wrong but it is resting on the top of the intake, if you didnt already know theres no way possible you could tell if you just walked up to the car but after you know you can tell where it hits cause there is just the slightest bow.

i dont have any intention of running it like that, just would like to get it running up to par while im looking for a cowl, gonna pull it off later today since it doesnt fit and is hitting. its illegal in california to drive around without a hood, maybe other states are like that i dont know so its going to severely limit going anywhere in it.