393w hp estimates?

BlackVert

15 Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Bethesda, MD
about how much hp would a combo like this make?

393 Windsor with an adequately flowing intake:
- heads: World products windsor junior stage 1 (58cc chamber)
- cam: hydraulic flat tappet:
- lift .520/.544 duration 234/244 at 50 w/112 overlap
- rockers: 1.6"

• Sponsors (?)

Hey how well did the 351 im assuming to get the stroker fit in your 95?...was thinking of going that route...also how did you like your KB blower?...thjinking of getting a blowzilla...THANKS CHRIS

The KB was great, but too much for my fragile little motor. I am having major oil burning issues, so I took the KB off. Now I am looking into a 393 as a replacement for my motor.

I don't have a 393 in my car.

I hear the 351 fits fine, but you may need a new hood because the 351 block is about 1.5 inches taller than a 302.

OK sounds great.....What HP numbers did you have with the KB on your 302?...Did you have a main girlde(i think thats what they call it) to help the block?....Im looking into also the 351 i have already a 4" rise cowl that i got from a company in ohio...it looks great on my 95....really good quality.....what KB did you have too? did you have to do any internal stuff to get the KB working ok and safely?..THANKS

Yea that combo is weak. Id spend the few extra dollars to put some better parts on there. Important part being a custom cam so you can get the drivability + power production right where u want it.

With decent to good parts im sure making over 1 rwhp to 1 cube wont be an issue.

BlackVert said:
Um, I hope this doesn't come across too harsh, but this thread is not about my KB experiences, it's about estimating power from a particular 393 windsor combo.

Feel free to post your questions about my KB here, and I'll be happy to answer them all:

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=576718

Yep. A little off topic is ok but..

Check the search or start another thread on those questions. Hey 351's are great too! Good luck!

those are the components on the standard CHP 393w long block that goes for $4099. i talked to them today.

i was thinking along the lines of a typhoon intake and a 75mm t/b with a lightning maf with it.

any hp estimates?

and yes, i think i'd rather have a mild 393 over a radical 347 if the hp/torque numbers are similar.

of course one could go more radical later if one wanted and kick the **** out of the 347 guys.

What we are trying to say is if your gonna build a 393, build a 393. With all the work half assing it right now will be a big disappointment later. You don't have to get radical but putting 302 parts on a 393 is such a waste. Get a real intake, heads and cam in it.

Your putting components that I would use a 302 or 306, on a 393....why? Other than it being a torque monster. If your going to do a 393 just go ahead and get a good intake and heads...like AFR 205s or 225s and a TFS R intake. If cost is an issue then you really need to sit down and figure up how much money you want to spend and figure up how much power you want to make and then make the phone call to whomever you plan to use.

ok, let me try this again. people keep saying i am putting this combo together like this, and telling me that it is stupid. i did not come up with this list, it came from coast high performance.

i called chp and asked them what components they include in their 393 street fighter gt long block.

the list in the first post is what they told me that they put in their standard 393 longblock. i did not make it up.

is that clear enough? ok

so my question, also in the first post, is:

about how much hp (and tq) would this combo be expected to make, given a 75mm tb, a tyhpoon intake, and a 90mm maf?

so please stop bashing the combo and answer the ****ing question, geez

BlackVert said:
ok, let me try this again. people keep saying i am putting this combo together like this, and telling me that it is stupid. i did not come up with this list, it came from coast high performance.

i called chp and asked them what components they include in their 393 street fighter gt long block.

the list in the first post is what they told me that they put in their standard 393 longblock. i did not make it up.

is that clear enough? ok

so my question, also in the first post, is:

about how much hp (and tq) would this combo be expected to make, given a 75mm tb, a tyhpoon intake, and a 90mm maf?

so please stop bashing the combo and answer the ****ing question, geez

LoL chill out dude. Everyone is just trying to help out. Cause we all have done this at one time (used less then ideal parts) then regreted it down the road.

Anyways, since CHP told you the parts they use.. Why not ask them what they rate the motor at and with what intake?

Oops, I was looking at the Pro-Street package from CHP that comes with the Victor Jr. heads. If you go with the Windsor Jr heads on a 393, I wouldn't expect much more hp than that dyno you posted up.
These World Products Windsor Jr. heads feature 180cc intake runners that combine high velocity and superior flow to produce excellent torque and throttle response in stock to mildly modified 5.0L engines.

I guess you could always upgrade in the future, but IMO you're not gonna be happy at all with that combo.

Did you notice this in your first link?
FOR REFERENCE ON YOUR HEAD AND CAM CHOICE. MY COMBO IS 392 STROKER, XE282HR CAM, AFR 185 HEADS, VICTOR JR INTAKE, TREMEC TKO TRANS, CARBURETED IN AN EARLY CHASSIS. THIS COMBO POSTED 443 RWHP ON THE DYNO-JET. I FEEL THE AFRS WILL OUTPERFORM THE WORLD HEADS BY A GOOD MARGIN.

Wow, relax....

If you need to know numbers that bad just ask CHP. We're just trying to help since the majority of the people in this thread have already done this. If you want a 300HP 393 by all means spend the money to do so. I don't think you need to spend $5-7K to do it though. If that's your bag then more power to ya.