4.10's installed

So me an my buddy installed some 4.10's on his new edge mustang. The car drives fine with no noises but it feels the same :shrug: ...after all the talk about 4.10's being the **** we are very disappointed :(, he thinks he should have gone with higher gears..The car has not been tuned yet but I can't see how the tune will wake up the gears. His car had the stock 3.27 gears before.

• Sponsors (?)

How hard did you guys beat on the car?

Just driving around you will notice the gears are shorter but the improvments come largest when you go all out.

There was a real big difference to me, and it was worth the $.

after all the talk about 4.10's being the **** we are very disappointed :(, he thinks he should have gone with higher gears

They really are the **** you just havent really gotten on it yet. If you take it to 2500 or so and throw down the hammer and run it through 2nd and 3rd you WILL notice a difference. Hell just take it on the highway...I havent had to downshift to pass anyone since the install.

I think I personally would have been dissapointed with 3.73's though.

They really are the **** you just havent really gotten on it yet. If you take it to 2500 or so and throw down the hammer and run it through 2nd and 3rd you WILL notice a difference. Hell just take it on the highway...I havent had to downshift to pass anyone since the install.

I think I personally would have been dissapointed with 3.73's though.
Yeah, I'm glad I didn't fear the gear. Other than the short 1st gear, sometimes I wish I went with 4.30s. :D Hell, with 4.30s or 4.56s, I wouldn't need 1st gear anymore. :rlaugh:

I bet 80 MPH or higher would suck though. :(

The difference of 4.10's in an automatic won't be that noticeable as they are on a manual car. Typically the rule of thumb is:

2V manual - 4.10
2V auto - 4.30
4V manual - 4.30
4V auto - 4.56
(all N/A of course)