4 cyl dual exaust

Save the money and get a large NPR it kicks the Volvo's A$$ and mounts exactly the same plus you will like it a lot better. You can argue that you dont have a FMIC now so you wont know the difference but it is your money.

I have dual 40 seires on my N/A love them 2.5. It just looks good. When I swap the turbo in I am going to go 3 in DP into my single 3 in cat and into my existing Y out to the same 40 seires til they go bad then I will go to a different muffler. Heck I am cheap too I will run them till they break.

• Sponsors (?)

i4power said:
I'm thinking of running a muffler with a 3" in, and dual 2.5" out. That way, I don't have to get a y-pipe, and two mufflers. I'm not sure if this will work in terms of it's location though.

This is what I have...just a little FYI though, you'll have to find a skilled exhaust guy to make you the custom tailpipes needed to do this, it's a pretty tight (actually damn tight) fit. It took me a few tries to get it right.

DSC03649.JPG

http://mail.j0o.com:8000/misc/ka0tyk.mp3

pacesetter header, 3" to y-pipe, 2.5" to dual spintech mufflers, then out to 3" stainless steel tips...

Ok , this is just a dumb ass question to just drag this thread on and on and on and..... well you know. But if someone is going to go out and spend the money on a y-pipe, another muffler and pipe to get better performance not to mention more maintence and repair costs for the future, shouldn't they also rip out the stock manifold and replace it with perhaps a ranger header (or custom header for the mustang 2.3)?? I just see the manifold being the bottleneck to gain performance. Myself I guess I don't feel having dual exhaust will impress anyone when you have to tell them that theres a 2.3 under the hood. :shrug: . But I agree it LOOKS cooler :p

Stinger said:
This is what I have...just a little FYI though, you'll have to find a skilled exhaust guy to make you the custom tailpipes needed to do this, it's a pretty tight (actually damn tight) fit. It took me a few tries to get it right.

OK that's promising. I'll check out your site for some pics.

EDIT: Damn, no pics. You got any, Stinger? Just want to get an idea of HOW tight it is.

Asha'man said:
:lol: Okay, I've raced, but only as a joke. I can't beat anything on the road that will race me, so I don't even bother.
Ash

Hey! don't say that.. I have a 2.3 87 auto, and I've beat a 89 manual ranger that was dual plug .. :D

And my car is stock.. except for the timing and for the muffler..

i4power said:
OK that's promising. I'll check out your site for some pics.

EDIT: Damn, no pics. You got any, Stinger? Just want to get an idea of HOW tight it is.

It is TIGHT, trust me...you know how they were saying a single 3" is a tight fit...think of how much bigger TWO 2.5" pipes in the same area is.