4 grand for this?!?! (pics included)

holy crap same thing happened to my car, except the paint on the front cover was done extremely crappy and the paint is chipping off, but my hood looks exactly like that, folded and that dent in the front, im glad the front bumper is urethane...

• Sponsors (?)

I totally agree with the $4000 being way too much, Do you have the quote details from this guy?? Did he write you out a quote and list part that would be needed. Most body shops me and my brother have dealt with will give you that information, including how much labor hours/cost. Just for giggles sometime price a stock hood and factory ford parts for fox bodies or sn95s, they are much higher than aftermarket parts. If you are/were considering getting a Cervinis hood, now would definetly be the time. The only thing that would concern me lookin at the pics is whether or not the hood hinges are screwed up since there is a small bow in the hood. And if this body shop is saying $4k to fix your car definetly get another quote, from anywhere, cuz if you insurance gets wind of this deal, they'd want to total it out. (Costs more to fix than replace) It sux but thats the way they are.

i smacked my car up like that but going alkot faster.. went to junk yard and bought a whole nose for about 400, got a cowl hood from friend for 100, tied car to tree, pulled frame out, slammed nose/hood on, got it painted for about 100... 600 total.

New 6 piece headlight kit- $149.99
New Cervini's 2.5" cowl hood- $400.00
Prep and paint work- $500.00

The radiator support should be fine with such a tiny bump as yours. Any competent shop that doesn't only do insurance claims should be able to do all the prep, paint, and the headlight install for 500. If not, then find a shop that will. I'm speaking from what I would charge to fix it if you were closer.

BAHH ask him if hes gonna include a stalker front bumper and fiberglass hood for 4000.. crap the stalker bumper is 500 hood is about 300 and some crystal diamonds go for 170 for the set... with paint ide 2500 at theeee top most!!

If it were me, ide tell the guy to take the 4K and shove it

I had very similar damage, if not a little worse done to mine about 2 years ago. One piece of advice, don't get a junk yard bumper. It is cheaper to buy a new Ford bumper from a dealer and have it painted than to buy a used bumper and have it stripped and painted. Or better yet where the damage is one yours get a Cobra insert from Cervini’s. I bought a JY bumper and spend about 100 more than I needed to, got a Boss Inc hood for $450 (you can get stock ones for 50), one used headlight, and I had to pay to have the body man fix some slight fender damage and paint the fender. I paid out about $1300 for everything. Good luck.

Buddy, you should be able to get that fixed without even having to take the car into the shop!

I'd just get a new/used hood from a scrapper, and if the bumper isn't too bad, take it off the car. Then I'd just walk down to a Maaco with both pieces and have them prime and paint them matching the original red of the bumper. The whole job shouldn't come out to more than $400 if you reuse your bumper. If not, tack on $100 extra for a new bumper.

$4,000 quote means he doesn't want your business. I know Maaco get's a bad rap but if you get their "premium" package, they should do a good job at a reasonable price and the fact that you're just getting 2 pieces painted and no masking is necessary, it's less on labour! I bet you could bring the pieces in on a Monday and have them ready Tuesday for pick-up and on your car by evenings end.

i wasnt planning on having it fixed by them, i just thought it was pretty funny that he was serious.. but guess what guys!!! his insurance company is going to be writing me a check for that quote!!! that quote was the best thing thats ever happened to me!! time to completely change my plans for the new setup.. might go with a set of afr165s now, and we'll see what else.. cant wait to get the check and start spending the money!! :D

Bad move guy :(!

I wouldn't accept that cheque until you realize what kind of danger you're getting into. That danger is your future insurance premiums will rise if not ski rocket and you'll be paying that all back with interest over the next 5 years!!!! Best to save that "payout" for a time when you really do need it and you have no other alternatives. Talk it out with your parents or wife or somebody who's had this similar problem.

Only looking out for you man. No jealousy here believe me!

PonyBoy90 said:
Bad move guy :(!

I wouldn't accept that cheque until you realize what kind of danger you're getting into. That danger is your future insurance premiums will rise if not ski rocket and you'll be paying that all back with interest over the next 5 years!!!! Best to save that "payout" for a time when you really do need it and you have no other alternatives. Talk it out with your parents or wife or somebody who's had this similar problem.

Only looking out for you man. No jealousy here believe me!
talked to my insurance agent about an hour ago, hes a family freind so hes not trying to screw me here, and he said my rates are only going to be going up like $200 a year.. and with a check for 4 grand i dont think i mind that increase

I wouldn't even think about spending more than 600 for that...

Do like everyone else said on this thread, get the part's yourself. Not that hard.

The body shop will give you an outlandish price if they don't want to help you, no loss to them cause they are busy doing major repairs and if you do take it, well they screwed you hard than Shaq on a midget.

*EDIT*

I just read that his insurance company is paying you, well then a some mods are in order....

Yeah, your rates may not go up now, but they can at a later point in time. Heck, two years from now even. Make sure you get it in writting that your rates won't go up more than $200. I bet making a gaurantee like that to you will make him real nervous. Insurance rates are like the stock market because that's where your money is invested by the broker. If the market takes a dive, expect the insurance companies to increase your premiums so that they can replace what they lost. By accepting that $4,000 payout you're just giving them more ammunition/reason to increase your rates if the need ever arises.

Good luck though.