4 lug 10th Anniversary Cobras??

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by 1991notchbackLX, Jan 8, 2009.

1. skunk21

skunk21 Active Member

They really nice on a fox even for a quick job on paint. The more I look at these the more I like them :nice:.
  2. ill advised

ill advised Member

That's pretty damn respectable for a quick mspaint. lol

I think those would work nicely on your car SteedaGT. Plus you can still swap the Ponies back on if needed.
  3. ryan218

ryan218 In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!

yet :)
  4. nisreo

nisreo New Member

5. aar0s

aar0s Founding Member

damnit, if i wasnt already working on a little body and carpet work id buy a set! those+nitto 555's on my black vert. :drool:
    [​IMG]
    anyone chop pls?
  6. QUICK91LX

QUICK91LX Founding Member

Everybody who already has 5 lug...just get a real set? Or a replica set for a 94+ car? Not a big deal, friends.

Those look good for a 4-lug wheel, though.

Oh, and there are more benefits to doing an SN95 5-lug swap other than wheel selection...my Cobra brakes are AMAZING
  7. Mustang5L5

Mustang5L5 Car used in adult film "Highway Gangbang-InDaButt" SN Certified Technician Founding Member

Do factory Ford caps fit?

The center caps blow monkey ballz. I'd only buy aftermarker rims of that style if i can fit the ford OEM pony caps in there
  8. SteedaGT9150

SteedaGT9150 Advanced Member

yeah the center caps do blow but they say you can choose from 5 different ones. we'll see how the economy goes, im not sure if i wanna blow my savings on wheels and tires jut yet....
  9. ryan218

ryan218 In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!

10. LiquidGT

LiquidGT Member

Not a bad looking wheel for being 4 lugs. I normally hate the 4 lug look, but those wheels pull it off nicely. :nice:

I want to do the 5 lug conversion more for the brakes, the wheels are a bonus to me. But I'm not trying to blow my savings on my car right now...
  11. EPIK

EPIK Member

Those look good in 4 lug. Im ****ed that I bought these in 5 lug thinking they would be a relatively rare wheel. Long story short, I still havent installed my 5 lug swap, or the wheels & Im already thinking about selling em & picking up something else....
  12. JohnnyGMachine

JohnnyGMachine Member

Ya know the more I see stock Mustang wheels that are 5-lug the more I have been wanting to type this post in reply. Why don't these companies just design a unique 4 lug wheel that's made just for the Fox Body guys. Just be nice to see something on a fox other than another Ford wheel. Ford does a fantastic job at designing wheels for the Mustang. I currently have a set of Bullitts on my 88 GT with the 5-lug swap but am currently looking for a new wheel and tire combo to really have something different. I would be more than happy to design a series of wheels just for the fox body Mustang. I have developed full car concepts for SEMA show cars for the past 4 years, have a degree in transportation design, and I love Mustangs especially the fox body cars.
    Wouldn't you guys like to see a fox body wheel line of 4-lug wheels? New and unique?

Just my 2 cents
    John
    www.midniteoctane.com
  13. foxmustangman

foxmustangman Member

what website are these on?
  14. SteedaGT9150

SteedaGT9150 Advanced Member

ebay
  15. aar0s

aar0s Founding Member

Ya know i think that a unique 4 lug rim would be sweet but i think that about every type of rim that can be made has, of course i have no imagination. I always thought the old school fat, flat five stars looked cool on foxs. A buddy of mine has some old ASC or maybe its ACS, i cant remember but they are the old fat five spoke rims and look smooth on his car.
  16. 1993SSP

1993SSP Founding Member

17. EPIK

EPIK Member

18. FineLineMtrsprts

FineLineMtrsprts Founding Member

Yeah if i keep my fox im seriously getting a set of these!
  19. NIKwoaC

NIKwoaC 中國製造

I think the problem is that most Fox guys are building shoestring budget cars, and unique design wheels are going to be expensive. These replica companies can just reverse engineer Ford's original stuff (maybe even get the original prints/models, I don't know), have them cast overseas, and sell them for dirt cheap here in the states and still make some profit.

Most aftermarket wheels (American Racing, Cragar, Steeda, etc) are in the 300$ neighborhood per wheel, which is more than double what you can find a Ford knock-off wheel for.

Now think about this: Most of the guys sticking with 4 lug axles/hubs are going for the cheapest wheels they can find. The guys with the green are going to be upgrading to 5 lug anyway, and obviously the 5 lug market has no limit to new designs, especially if you look into the Euro/Japanese market (though those wheels usually look like hell on Fox cars, haha).

I'd love to see more unique designs for 4-lug Fox cars, but I just don't think there is much of a market for it.
  20. FineLineMtrsprts

FineLineMtrsprts Founding Member

The main problem with making a "unique" set of 4lug wheels for fox's is that they will be expensive. Most of the guys that could afford them for a project they are building have already spent the money to go to 5lug. Same reason they dont make many cars anymore with 4lug hubs,its just not very cost effective.