408w vs 306 turbo

ms93gt

Oct 15, 2004
Bayville, NJ
I'm in the process of almost finishing my turbo h/c/i 306, mods are in sig and I have come to a dilema. I was thinking I may be better off with a 408w and in the future add some nitrous. What would be a better street car/faster????

• Sponsors (?)

If you start with a stock ford Windsor, the 408 would be capable of making more power before breaking. If you start with aftermarket blocks, it's all depends on the build.

Chris

ms93gt said:
I'm in the process of almost finishing my turbo h/c/i 306, mods are in sig and I have come to a dilema. I was thinking I may be better off with a 408w and in the future add some nitrous. What would be a better street car/faster????

i was kind of in the same dilema between a 351 set up and a smaller turbo's motor .

so im building a 302 turbo'd h/c/i car and going to see what happens .....

just the route i took thought

Faster? Probably the 408 on juice.

Better street car? I dont know what you want? You want something radical that you drive around and scare people,or you want something that drive almost like stock till you get on it?

bluevenom867 said:
Faster? Probably the 408 on juice.

Better street car? I dont know what you want? You want something radical that you drive around and scare people,or you want something that drive almost like stock till you get on it?

I want something that I can take out maybe 2-3x a week and rape those pesty grand nationals n 11/10 second cars. I know the turbo 306 is going to do that but how will a 408 be on the street?? My cousin had a 357 and let me tell u it was nasty! I just want a sick as street car but I see more potential with the 408 because of the added strength/being faster all motor however the 306 will be sick because of the small a/r on the turbo and instant boost.