42# too much for H/C/I?

LarsD

Founding Member
Jul 2, 2002
Texas
I'm weighing my options on what I want to do with my 91LX. Eventually I want to have a H/C/I setup with a supercharger. Right now I'm only looking to buy the supporting parts (FP, FPR, MAF, injectors, etc). Now I know that after installing the new heads and such the 19# I have won't be enough and that 24# or 30# would be better, but not enough to support a supercharger also. So in the interest of not having to buy parts more then once, can 42# injectors be tuned to work on a 302 with just H/C/I?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, they will work. Its all in the tune (mass air calibration, fuel pressure, etc...)

OK cool, I was worried about being too rich at idle, etc. I had found a deal on a Pro-M cal'd for 24's, and I knew that would work for the H/C/I I plan to get.

if your current setup is whats in your sig 19's will support that very easily.

I no longer have the 89 if that is what your referencing. This would be for my 91 which is pretty much bone stock at the moment. How do you like those Trick Flows? I'm thinking about those or some AFR 165's.

Don't do that. :nono:

BTW I like the vid of your car.

hey thanks man. i was in the same boat as you with injectors.i wound up gettin 24 pounders for the h/c/i then for the blower i had to sell the 24 pounders and get the 42 pounders. i know it sucks but so does modding cars and having to keep buying supporting mods lol. you never win. after dumpin more money into the blower setup, now im realizing that i need to upgrade the ignition system. then next the cooling system. when does this **** end

hey thanks man. i was in the same boat as you with injectors.i wound up gettin 24 pounders for the h/c/i then for the blower i had to sell the 24 pounders and get the 42 pounders. i know it sucks but so does modding cars and having to keep buying supporting mods lol. you never win. after dumpin more money into the blower setup, now im realizing that i need to upgrade the ignition system. then next the cooling system. when does this **** end

It never does, and its worse when you have more then one. :(