5.0 3.8 swap

weston24

Apr 8, 2007
Question for the group.

What does it entail to put a new 5.0 crate motor, into a 94 V6 3.8 with auto? Or is there a better option short of purchasing a Mustang with a 5.0 in it?

• Sponsors (?)

While I haven't personally done the swap, it should be a pretty straightforward process. More so if you can find a donor car to scrounge up the parts you need for the V8 swap. I know for sure you'll need the fuel lines, accessory brackets, distributor, wiring harness, and computer (unless you use a carburetor). I don't recall who it was, but one of the members on this site did the 5.0 swap with a V6 Mustang, so hopefully they'll come across your thread and post up any advice they can offer to get you headed in the right direction. It may not be a bad idea to ask over in 94-95 Tech since we have our own section here that deals specifically with our model years, since they differ somewhat from the Fox Mustangs.

unless you already have a donor car or the parts lying around it may be cheaper to just buy a 5.0 car. If you are going to do a swap and rip the car apart anyhow go for the gusto and drop a stroked 351w in there. how cool would it be to see a 408 or 427 sn95 running around?