5.0 Drop Top times

Those of you that have 5.0 convertible's... what times are you running in the 1/8th or 1/4 mile?
Please state if your car is a auto or 5-speed.

Just curious, people are telling me they are just slow because they are heavier and they flex to much.

Im sure you CAN make one fast if you really want to.

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

As soon as my engine is done and in, i'll let you know. i am expecting12's. Maybe hi 11's with some traction.

I am building a 331, 10:5.1 comp, 165 AFR Competition prted heads, XE274HR, ported Cobra upper and lower, It will be tuned by Brad Brandt here in GA once it's completed. It should have 350 to the wheels.

I would like to know this question too..ALL i hear is its the slowest mustang ever...LOL....i cant see how even is its 300-500 pounds heavier is going to make it a full second slower...then a GT/LX...500 pds is .05 tenths slower.....Im building a 87 GT vert now it has a Paxton SN93,BBK shortys,off road H-pipe A/C removed..air pump removed...a worked AOD...im going to be installing a 2400 stall and 3.73's..and im up in the air if while the car is apart to do a H/C/I...while the motor is apart.....i dont know what should i do...LOL..

What did that combo cost and what did that consist of?....

Lets see, Thumpers ported E7 heads with upgraded springs. I had a tmoss ported stock lower intake, I also installed a comp cams nx264hr cam. The car was speed density. I ran a 65 mm tb,24# injs,full exhaust.

I had under $1000.00 in all of it.
It ran 15.50's stock and it ran 13.9x consistantly after the mods.With a 1.99 60ft

Thats about all I can recall. Its been a few years.

I built a forged 306 with afr heads cobra intake etc etc for the same car but I ended up selling it before it went to the track. The dyno #'s and dyno 1/4 mile test runs (mustang dyno)were pointing toward low 13's in the 108mph range.

ive ran as fast as 9.69 in the 1/8 with cobra intake 65mm tb and headers back ex. before my trany started to take a crap on me. not been back sence i had it rebuilt.

Best run I did was 15.12 @ 92mph. Stock motor, 4.10 rear. I think the rear is a bit too high for the stock output right now. I just put headers on it though so it may bump the time slightly. I'll have it atleast in the 14's by the end of this summer though. 4-spd auto.

As soon as my engine is done and in, i'll let you know. i am expecting12's. Maybe hi 11's with some traction.

I am building a 331, 10:5.1 comp, 165 AFR Competition prted heads, XE274HR, ported Cobra upper and lower, It will be tuned by Brad Brandt here in GA once it's completed. It should have 350 to the wheels.

I have a similar combo with a powerdyne at 6psi. 388rwhp and 403 torque

i forgot to mention that mine was with the stock 2.73 gears with an aod, i know thats what gears ive got and i think that those are the stockers in most 'verts.

Well i went to the shop yesterday...Im going to be looking for a set of heads...and im going to go with a cobra intake...The shop i should leave the stock cam and use 1.7 cobra rockers...i do have the Paxton on there also so im sure i can make some decent HP and run some good times i hope..Oh yeah im converting to MAF because the car is Speed density right now im going to be using 24 # injs with the FMU calibrated to that the car should run healthy ..Im also installing a set of 3.73's and eventually a 2400 stall speed convertor..the AOD is really built so at least that i dont have to worry about...LOL...Now what heads do i go with???:shrug:

forget the cobra intake. go with the trickflow top end. or if you are on a tight budget hit up the JY's for a v8 explorer. they came with gt40 heads and intake.