5.0 mods for like 500. Have a lot done.

V8SHME8 said:
The shortest distance between two points is a straight line. Any deviance from the line is added distance onto the end, and consequently it will take longer to traverse the distance. If the rear end of the car is not tracking straight with the front suspension, you just added more distance to cover across the 1320.

I am not suggesting that this should be the next investment for this guy to make, but subframe connectors are not without their merits. I personally think they should be the first modification on any Mustang since most have been driven hard for the past decade, and need a little support from all the abuse.

Something that you should consider is that a more solid chassis will provide more consistency. If you have noticed zero difference between before the subframes and after, you might want to think about the fact that in spite of adding the weight of the SFC's, you still get the same times.

I didn't even think of that! One thing I have noticed from going to the track, especially in stick drivers, is that they don't go in a straight line. Stand behind someone who's never done it before and I can almost guarantee they won't track straight. My personal experience is limited to automatics which are much easier to keep straight.

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/tech/0301_MMFFcatch22/

Whats the mod recommended after pulleys, a shifter, and gears?

Adam

• Sponsors (?)

I just wanna restate that I think SFC's are an EXCELLENT mod! They definitely do help improve a mustang's performance. However, when it comes to 1/4 mile racing, I don't think they are on the top of the best mod list. Personally, I think they are of more benefit in the curves. I guess I shouldn't say they WON'T help him in drag racing, but I haven't experienced any improvements in straight line performance with them.