5.0 or 302 emblem?

I just ordered a V8 badge off a 02 Explorer to put on my trunk lid where the SVT badge would go. They look real sweet and I think they would look good on the front fenders.

I haven't been able to find pic of the badge on the net, but it should be here on Thrusday so I'll post a pic of it then.

• Sponsors (?)

SaltWaterFish said:
I just ordered a V8 badge off a 02 Explorer to put on my trunk lid where the SVT badge would go. They look real sweet and I think they would look good on the front fenders.
I've wanted to do that ever since I saw one for the first time -- but I read somewhere that it's hard to put them on the fenders, because they're designed to go on a flat surface, which the fender is not. :shrug: It would be nice if someone would design an aftermarket version that would fit on the fenders properly.

Dave

slo95.0 said:
im about to put the v6 horse emblem on mine as well. hell most(not kidding) think the car has a 4.6 anyway lol

"wow you put a 5.0 in your car??" <--get that all the time if i ever pop the hood, lots of stupid's in texas
That's too funny, when I had my Cobras (first was a 98, second was a 99), I would always get asked "So, is that a 5.0?" The universal term for V8 in a Mustang is 5.0. :D

Dave

HairyCanary said:
I've wanted to do that ever since I saw one for the first time -- but I read somewhere that it's hard to put them on the fenders, because they're designed to go on a flat surface, which the fender is not. :shrug: It would be nice if someone would design an aftermarket version that would fit on the fenders properly.

Dave

The badge I got would fit on the front fenders. It does have a curve to it but not enough to put it were I wanted it so I had to put it in the location shown in the pic.

It's cheap to, only $10.50 from the dealer! The wrong one they ordered in was $17. Here's the p/n: 1L2Z-7842528-NA. They call it a name plate.

HairyCanary said:
Yes, those! I kinda like them.

302emblem.jpg

Dave

I have a set of these on my '93 that the last owner installed. I am putting the 5.0 badges back on and will give these to someone in the DFW area if you want them.