5.0 Swap In A 96 Mustang

• Sponsors (?)

You will need the engine and computer wiring harness out of a 94-95 5.0 Mustang and computer. Your engine would also need the accessory mounting brackets for a 94-95 94-95 5.0 Mustang. Some of the swap is bolt on stuff and other parts may require some electrical skill on your part to make it work.

A simpler path would be some PI heads from a 99 or later 4.6 engine, or an engine and computer from a 99 or later V8 Mustang. Look around, you might get lucky and find a Cobra or Terminator 4.6 engine and computer. The 93 and later Lincoln MKVIII had a 4 valve 4.6 rated at 290 HP, so they are also swap candidates. All the high performance parts from the Cobra 4.6 will fit the Lincoln 4.6L, 4 valve engine with no problems. When you start working on the 4.6 engines, you will need a tuner to get maximum HP out of them

Last edited:
You will need the engine and computer wiring harness out of a 94-95 5.0 Mustang and computer. Your engine would also need the accessory mounting brackets for a 94-95 94-95 5.0 Mustang. Some of the swap is bolt on stuff and other parts may require some electrical skill on your part to make it work.

A simpler path would be some PI heads from a 99 or later 4.6 engine, or an engine and computer from a 99 or later V8 Mustang. Look around, you might get lucky and find a Cobra or Terminator 4.6 engine and computer.
I have the 5.0 in the car with a c4 granny was wondering about the p/s pump and the lines what would I use I haven't tried anything yet just from the looks of it seems to be different just getting everything together for this weekend