5.0l maf & cam advice

ksfordman

Jun 9, 2006
can anyone give me advise on what maf i can use and what can should i use?
I have a stock 5.0 shortblock,tf/tw heads,bbk ssi manifold,frpp 24# injectors,70mm tb,shorty headers,tci aod,b&m 2500 converter,3.55 gears,1.6 roller rckrs.
I do not want a race cam,need drveability.any suggestions? As far as the maf goes,I could just buy a brand new c&l 76mm with true flow pipe and be done with it. But I see a lot of used meters on the net,will the lightning meters work with my ford ecm? 1989 aod ecm. Also will meters for 94-95 5.0's work? thanks for any and all advise.

• Sponsors (?)

Best bet for an off the shelf unit would be a 75 MM Mass Air Systems unit calibrated for 24lb injectors. They are somewhat expensive, but very reliable.

See http://www.massairsystems.com/products.htm

The 70 MM OEM Ford unit will not work for you.

Only aftermarket MAF’s are calibrated to the injector size. The injector size on all Ford computers is part of the computer program. Since it is not easy or cheap to change the computer program, the aftermarket MAF manufactures modify the MAF to lie to the computer. The MAF modification tricks the computer into changing the amount of fuel the injectors get.

All the Ford OEM MAF’s are calibrated to match the computer. Do not swap MAF sensors between different model computers or different types of housings. If you do, you are sure to be out of calibration

can anyone give me advise on what maf i can use and what can should i use?
I have a stock 5.0 shortblock,tf/tw heads,bbk ssi manifold,frpp 24# injectors,70mm tb,shorty headers,tci aod,b&m 2500 converter,3.55 gears,1.6 roller rckrs.
I do not want a race cam,need drveability.any suggestions? As far as the maf goes,I could just buy a brand new c&l 76mm with true flow pipe and be done with it. But I see a lot of used meters on the net,will the lightning meters work with my ford ecm? 1989 aod ecm. Also will meters for 94-95 5.0's work? thanks for any and all advise.

I won't pretend to know enough to recommend a cam...

For the MAF, check out PMAS. Avoid the C&L meters if you can...

jason