5.4 heads on a 4.6 block

1slo'96

Oct 15, 2006
WILL IT WORK need straight answers i got a complete 5.4 engine out of a navigator but no intake and i have a 4.6 out of a 2001 mustang GT but the heads are SHOT so HELP

• Sponsors (?)

I've been wondering this myself. My friend wants to give me his stock '99 Lightning Heads (5.4) for me to port and install on my car. He through a valve but other than a new valve the heads are ok.

I'm curious to find out myself

2V 5.4L heads exactly the same heads as the 2V 4.6.

putting 4V Navigator heads on a 2V 4.6L can be done, but it messes with the compression, not to mention you have to replace a ton of parts to get it to work. you are better off just buying a complete 4V engine at that point.

I would just complete the navi engine and swap it in the stang, forget about the 4.6.
If i had the time and money i would buy a navigator engine, forge the bottom end have a low 8.5:1 compression and top it off with a twin screw. It would be almost like a Ford GT supercar engine sans the dry sump oil system. That would be freakin sweet!

PonyboyIsaac said:
I would just complete the navi engine and swap it in the stang, forget about the 4.6.
If i had the time and money i would buy a navigator engine, forge the bottom end have a low 8.5:1 compression and top it off with a twin screw. It would be almost like a Ford GT supercar engine sans the dry sump oil system. That would be freakin sweet!

...and expensive and heavy