5.4 in a 69 stang

what is needed for the swap as far as electronics and intake? i am looking to do some struts in place of the control arms and notch out the shock tower with RRS stuff.. my question is what is needed to put a newer (05 i think) 5.4 navi engine in it... i still want performance can i use a cobra intake or computer and harness? what about headers?

what are the issues with a mod engine in an older stang?

are there performance parts availible for the 5.4 or is the some parts that are interchangeable for other mustangs??

cause i can get this whole thing for 1500 bucks

also will a t56 bolt up to the rear of it ??

If I may make a suggestion. If you do go forward with the swap, this guy may not be able to help you with the swap itself, but when it comes to building Modulars and especially the 5.4-4V, he is the BEST!

Get in touch with Al at http://www.boss330racing.com/

• Sponsors (?)

Like someone else said in this post, the height is the issue. I had to chop the oil pan as close as I could to clear the crossmember. The hood will just close. Heres a couple of other photos. I have more on my other PC if you need. I also used a manual rack as it is smaller in diameter than the power. No place for pump anyway. Alt has to be moved to clear the frame rails.
DSC00031.jpg

DSC00111.jpg

DSC00466.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00031.jpg
    DSC00031.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC00111.jpg
    DSC00111.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC00466.jpg
    DSC00466.jpg