5 lug rear disc question

89bluegt

Jun 21, 2003
SC
I am in the process of changing my coupe over to 5 lug. I have the stock length 5 lug axles and have read that I need the brackets, calipers and rotors from a Lincoln Mark 7. I found a 91 Lincoln Continental in the junk yard that has rear disc. Does anyone know if this is the same setup as the mark 7? It looks the same. Thanks for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

I personally wouldn't go with the mark 7 rear brake setup. It's large, parts are expensive and it's antiqutated.

I ran the mark 7 rears and later upgraded to GT SN95 and then later Cobra SN95 rear disks.

The SN95 stuff is much better as rotors are cheaper, pads are cheaper and easier to find and also the brake setup is better balanced for a car with a light rear end. The Mark 7 rears tend to be overpowering and offer too much grib resulting in having to reduce pressure to the point where you aren't even using the rear brakes.

http://northracecars.com/catalog/brakes/brakes.htm

The brackers there allow you to use SN95 brakes with stock lenght 5-lug axles. All you would need are either the Cobra or GT rotors and a pair of Sn95 calipers and anti-moans as well as 94-95 rear brake soft lines

The North Racecars brackets are $160. I can get the rear disc setup from the lincoln (brackets, calipers and rotors) for $50. Does anyone know if the Continental rear disc is the same setup as the mark 7?