50 vs z28

• Sponsors (?)

a set of gears and a supercharger would easy beat him. A set of gears, heads, exhaust, a good tune, new intake, and maybe a cam would probably beat him too.

yea its a 98' 5spd

'98's had 6 speeds.
They also have over 300hp stock and a fox Mustang only has 225 stock.

Its going to take a good h/c/i setup, gears and probably more to beat that car.

Ive got h/c/i, gears and alot of other mods and my car only runs 13.7's.

It sucks that we have to spend so much on parts just to attempt to beat a stock car.

PJB - Post up a time slip...

A 98 Z28 comes with an ls1 engine and they dyno in the 300rwhp range and a T56 (6 speed).

Stock ones with good drivers have trapped 110 mph.

Depends on how far you want to go with the h/c/i kit.

This is the timeslip from my quickest time:

Reaction- .194
60'- 2.282
330'-6.0
1/8 mile- 8.991
1/8 mph- 82.82
1000'-11.547
1/4 mile- 13.705
1/4 mph- 103.28

I put off getting a tune because of some mechanical issues I was having with the car and I was a little low on cash. Theres also no good tuners around here.

I had good traction and didnt spin. I had MT ET Street radials on the car on the track. Ive got aftermarket control arms on the rear too.

I think the AOD is killing my times. Its getting replaced by a T5 real soon because I cant stand it.

I agree the AOD is killing your times:nice:

Do not worry, custom cams are not all the same.

Given this scenario with all else being the same:

- AFR 165
- Systemax
- Custom Cam 1

- AFR 165
- Systemax
- Custom Cam 2

The second one could be 4-5 mph faster.

We all have different goals in mind.

I look at trap speed, and not E.T.

The AOD is getting swapped to a T5 ASAP. I already have the T5 in my garage and Im waiting for a few parts I bought to arrive.
Ill get the car tuned after I take it back out in the spring. I just need to save some money for that and find a good tuner.
First I need to replace a few noisy lifters.

I dont know why the 60' times are so slow. The car gets traction and Ive got 4.10 gears.
Ive got a stall converter in the car but a mechanic I took it to for some other work said he thinks the converter is shot, even though it only has about 1000 miles on it.

I was highly disappointed when I took it to the track this year, especially since I dumped a ton of money into performance parts for it.

You could spend thousands and thousands to just keep up with a LS1 powered car. If all you care about is beating him, Spend a few hundred bucks on a nitrous kit and some good tires..That'll make it close and you can save the rest of the money for a new Cobra...
With just good tires and a hard launch, we got a 99 Z down the track in the 12.90's. Can't beat technology...

You could spend thousands and thousands to just keep up with a LS1 powered car. If all you care about is beating him, Spend a few hundred bucks on a nitrous kit and some good tires..That'll make it close and you can save the rest of the money for a new Cobra...
With just good tires and a hard launch, we got a 99 Z down the track in the 12.90's. Can't beat technology...

YEa a good hard launch then BOOM ..TO bad gm made fast cars with weak a$$ rearends.

'98's had 6 speeds.
They also have over 300hp stock and a fox Mustang only has 225 stock.

Its going to take a good h/c/i setup, gears and probably more to beat that car.

Ive got h/c/i, gears and alot of other mods and my car only runs 13.7's.

It sucks that we have to spend so much on parts just to attempt to beat a stock car.

best time was
Rt----------.044
60---------1.881
330--------5.504
1/8--------8.576
MPH--------79.80
1000------11.228
1/4---------13.465
MPH--------100.46
offroad xpipe $200, magnaflow catback $300, and 76mm C&L maf with tube $220, timing at 15degrees with 93 octane, AND 3.73 gear$80, ford underdrive pulleys $75, nitto drag radials$300 265/50/16
So 875 dollors worth of mods and 300 dollors in tires and you can beat a z28....and if your running from stoplight to stoplight on a closed course he doesn't have much of a chance