67 coupe quarter glass?

• Sponsors (?)

I "THINK" that the 67 is the same as my 68 which I have just stripped down to the bare nubs for painting. After you've taken off your interior piece, damn near every nut or bolt you can get to needs to be taken out. Only then will the glass come up and out. Pay careful attention to everything you're pulling out because getting it back in in the proper order is going to be rough. The glass comes out easily after you've removed everything by the way. Good luck - I'm hoping that when my paint job is complete, my pix and memory cells will get the job done for putting it back together.

97fxdwg said:
I "THINK" that the 67 is the same as my 68 which I have just stripped down to the bare nubs for painting. After you've taken off your interior piece, damn near every nut or bolt you can get to needs to be taken out. Only then will the glass come up and out. Pay careful attention to everything you're pulling out because getting it back in in the proper order is going to be rough. The glass comes out easily after you've removed everything by the way. Good luck - I'm hoping that when my paint job is complete, my pix and memory cells will get the job done for putting it back together.
If not :SNSign: will be here to help.:flag:

97fxdwg said:

i got the regulator out there maybe more stuff to take off yet there is so many parts in there i startrd to worry that i wont remember how it goes back together im sorry to admit that im a pro auto glass tech for 9yrs now and im having a hell of a time with these damn windows:mad:

I Pulled mine yesterday

I pulled them yesterday and they are a pain in the ass. Luckcally I won't have to put them back in. I'm choppin' the roof for a fastback conversion!!!!
Wish I could help. I just manhandled mine till I got them out. There is no graceful way to do it.

billbanshee said:
i got the regulator out there maybe more stuff to take off yet there is so many parts in there i startrd to worry that i wont remember how it goes back together im sorry to admit that im a pro auto glass tech for 9yrs now and im having a hell of a time with these damn windows:mad:

Remove only one side at a time AND reassemble it on the bench using the opposite side as a helpful guide. Then do the opposite side using the info learned and the first removed as a pattern. Once it is bolted together on the bench, it will pretty much stay together when stored.

Reverse directions when reassembling in the car.