A 67 fast back conversion for Mrs. bbettto !

Outer door post replaced ,grind the welds and i can re mount the door.
The inner post was in great shape so i dont know what caused the outer to rust like it did .
20240305_125102.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I wanted to have it all trimmed out today ,but the way they replaced the tail panel took me the rest of the day just to trim it out. They cut the old tail panel but left the tail panel flange around the quarters ends so all i could do was cut as close as i could and grind the rest away! The tail panel was still good so i didnt want to replace it if i didnt have to . I still have the wheel lips ,door jamb and the trunk drop offs to trim then i can blast .
20240305_141829.jpg
20240305_145827.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
I had to replace the passenger side trunk drop off ,it was rotted at the bottom ,the wheel lips were rotted off on both outer wheel tubs so i went ahead and replaced both of them . I didnt get any pics yet because as i finished the last outer tub it began to rain really hard , as two squirrels and then two rabbits wandered by i figured if two of anything else goes buy i may be needing a big boat tonight!

Reactions: 1 users
Would your new panel spotter work on the door frames?
Once about 20 years ago on VMF, a guy made custom tips/tongs? about 3 ft long and the were shaped to go around the complete rocker assembly to spot weld floors to the front framerails. I wondered how he ever was able to bend them where the very tip of the tips lined up? I would like to find that thread on VMF to see if he wants to sell them. He was just building one old Mustang.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
There is a lot of places it will not work ,but it will work attaching the roof to rain gutters and and all around the trunk area that is hard to weld and get a grinder in . I was going to make tongs for other places but three feet of copper bar cost as much a 2 of the spot welders

Last week didnt work out ,rained a couple of days and cold ,tomorrow looks like a great day at 78 * for sand blasting . Picked up the sand ,gas and a new face shield so i can see what i am doing. Leroy is ready to go . I have to primer also so it will take up most of the day
Broke my camera lense so pic may be a bit fuzzy ,well ,the new puppy broke it ,little snot took my phone and took off running and when i caught her and got it away from her i noticed she bit through the clear lense ,mean little shnit !
20240318_135059.jpg
20240318_135126.jpg
20240318_135115.jpg
20240317_114104.jpg

Last edited:
  • Loved It!
Reactions: 2 users