'67 Pro-Touring Terlingua Tribute (DUW)

Hey guys,

Been perusing the site for a while, figured I'd post some info on my car and see what y'all think. I'd first like to say thanks to BAD67FUN and Snail50 for helping me out with wheel/tire fitment and brake questions a few months ago. They probably don't remember, but they were a big help. Anyway, I've been into the pro-touring (restomod) scene since it started; I post alot on Pro-Touring.com, if any of you visit there. I decided to go that route with my coupe, but wanted something unique, thus the Terlingua treatment. Here are the details:

-Suspension:
-Global West Stage 3 (tubular arms, rear leafs, konis, sfc's, etc...)
-custom front springs
-Baer Track/Touring brakes
-17x8, 17x9.5 V45's, 245/35, 275/40 Eagle F1s

-Drivetrain:
-.030 over 289
- AFR 165's
- Comp Cams valvetrain
- RPM air gap / 650 Demon
- all the MSD crap
- TKO500 package from Modern Driveline
- 9" rear, 3.70 trac-loc

-Body:
-'67 Shelby style hood (from Mustangs Plus- don't get me started :nonono:)
-Cobra Automotive R-model front valance
-smoothed quarter vents
-Burnt Amber / semigloss black / orange pinstriping

-Misc:
-Saddle interior
-Kenwood/Alpine stereo system
-'70 22gal. tank

Feel free to ask any questions. I've asked 'em all building this thing. :p

-Brian

vbgarage.php

vbgarage.php

vbgarage.php

vbgarage.php

vbgarage.php

vbgarage.php

vbgarage.php

• Sponsors (?)

Ok, listen I don't know who you think you are but I was perfectly happy with the regular hood on my 68 coupe. Until you posted those pics, that is. Now I have to sell my hood, convice the wife that I NEED a new fiberglass shelby style hood fit it and paint it when I paint the rest of the car. Thanks, thanks alot.

:)

Nice car!

Thanks for the compliments, guys. I really appreciate it.

danewers said:
what backspacing are you using on those wheels front and rear?
The fronts are 17x8 with 4.5" b/s, rears are 17x9.5 with 6" b/s.

i do have a question on the master cylinder. i have been told that it requires a slight modification to the shock tower to fit it in there, did you have any problems?
There were no problems with clearance to the shock tower. Before everything was bolted up, I was concerned that there would be interference with the stock-style stamped export brace, so I got the tubular one from MPG. After getting everything in there, though, it would've been fine with the original. The only interference whatsoever is that the clutch cable slightly rubs up against the cap for the master cylinder.

Ok, listen I don't know who you think you are but I was perfectly happy with the regular hood on my 68 coupe. Until you posted those pics, that is. Now I have to sell my hood, convice the wife that I NEED a new fiberglass shelby style hood fit it and paint it when I paint the rest of the car. Thanks, thanks alot.
Glad to be of service! :D Just do yourself a favor and don't get it from Mustangs Plus.

i'm in west texas if you're close i'd love to see your car in person some time.
I'll be driving it home at the end of this semester to get it ready for Power Tour. Where in west Texas are you located?

-Brian

Cichocki said:
Thanks for the compliments, guys. I really appreciate it.

The fronts are 17x8 with 4.5" b/s, rears are 17x9.5 with 6" b/s.

There were no problems with clearance to the shock tower. Before everything was bolted up, I was concerned that there would be interference with the stock-style stamped export brace, so I got the tubular one from MPG. After getting everything in there, though, it would've been fine with the original. The only interference whatsoever is that the clutch cable slightly rubs up against the cap for the master cylinder.

Glad to be of service! :D Just do yourself a favor and don't get it from Mustangs Plus.

I'll be driving it home at the end of this semester to get it ready for Power Tour. Where in west Texas are you located?

-Brian

i'm in Lubbock.

Hey, nice to see it worked out well for you. I lost my info awhile back and had to re-register to what you see now (it used to be BAD67FUN).

I'm in the process of the T5 swap at the moment.

So how does she GO? I see you've kept the 289 and added the heads that I like.

Here I thought I'd pull a quickie and be the first guy on the block to try that!!! I was gonna shoot it the Original Lime Gold, w/ all the proper flat blacktion...You rule!! :hail2:

Ohmygosh! :hail2:

That is amazing. Not only is that an amazing car, but I've been wanting to do an Emberglow Trans Am coupe with that exact blackout stuff for a while now, and we're both in Fort Worth. :banana:

I'm in heaven over here just knowing that thing is on the road. We simply have got to go cruising man. (I suppose I need an engine and transmission for that though :rolleyes: )

Are you in Cowtown to go to TCU? Will you be back in August for the Yellow Rose Classic at Will Rogers? Just in case you don't know, it's a huge indoor Mustang and Ford show. http://www.ntmc.org/yellowrose/

I'll be entering mine for the first time this year and yours is surely in great shape and ready to show.

Oh yeah, and thanks for the new desktop pics. :nice:

Dayum!

VERY nice, I love how clean the sides are without emblems or rocker mouldings, but I wish you'd have left the vent inisert on is all.

...and for fear of "getting you started" what did you have to do (or how much to spend) to get the hood to fit correctly?