68 fastback mustang

Ok, I get that now... but, the bid history only shows the bidder 1 for the last 15 bids or so... completely outbid the #2 but the number still went up... how is that accomplished?

It's the way eBay's Automatic bidding system works. You (can) bid your maximum acceptable price and the eBay Automatic Bidding system will automatically outbid lower bidders on your behalf.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a thought. If I assume this

View attachment 369563

$1,000 POS is a legitimate (non-shill bidder) sale (Yeah, I know. That's a stretch). It is possible that he was really only interested in purchasing the VIN#. As long as you have a VIN#, you can pretty much build a classic almost entirely of repro parts, or a collection of junk car parts, and still register, insure and/or sell it as a classic.

FWIW, the buyer who purchased that (above), also purchased this

for a much more realistic $576.

And in turn sold this

for $5,000.

(Above pictures are linked to their respective eBay pages)

If you can't be bothered to post a link, most people won't be bothered to go to eBay just to search for your name and auction.

$99 is not a bad deal for a heap like that. There could be a few parts in there that would cost you more than $100 through a vendor. If you had this car in your yard, what would you sell it for? $10? Put your time and effort into hauling it to the scrap yard to get $20/ton?

But what do I know, that postage stamp-sized picture doesn't tell me much.

It's the way eBay's Automatic bidding system works. You (can) bid your maximum acceptable price and the eBay Automatic Bidding system will automatically outbid lower bidders on your behalf.

Yeah, I get that too... but looking at the bid history, no one outbid him... it just kept going up, and the last bidder stopped in the $300 range. I am just trying to figure how it went to 1000.

Yeah, I get that too... but looking at the bid history, no one outbid him... it just kept going up, and the last bidder stopped in the $300 range. I am just trying to figure how it went to 1000.
The bid history only shows the winning bids, thus the last bidder (bidder #2 probably) bid $994.99, then bidder #1's autobid kicked in and bid $999.99