68 mustang 429cj?

• Sponsors (?)

You can fit it as is, but if you feel so inclined, notch your towers. You'll thank yourself when it comes time to change the spark plugs. It's kinda hard to change plugs with a 351C in a 68 engine bay:D

yes the 429 fits the 67-70 engine bay, remember that they were built to take the FE engine, and changing plugs on the 429 will be a bit easier than the same job on a 390. there are a few places that carry swap kits. if you can find boss 429 mounts from a 69 or 70 mustang, they bolt it, making the swap easier.

Such mounts are available, for the purpose of this swap. So are conversion headers.

headers_01b.jpg

yes the 429 fits the 67-70 engine bay, remember that they were built to take the FE engine, and changing plugs on the 429 will be a bit easier than the same job on a 390. there are a few places that carry swap kits. if you can find boss 429 mounts from a 69 or 70 mustang, they bolt it, making the swap easier.

I would not compromise the structural integrity of the shock towers when installing a 600 pound engine. If you've ever changed the spark plugs in a 428 Shelby, you'd laugh at anyone complaining about accessing the plugs in a 67-70 Mustang with a 460.

personally I wouldn't notch the towers, however I would reinforce them with the Pro-Motorsports reinforcement kit. althogh if you only shaved the top of the towers and reinforced those areas along with the P-M kit that reinforces the towers in the area of where the upper control arms bolt up and around the front and back of the towers it wouldn't compromise the integrity of the car at all. IIRC DVS restorations makes a shock tower shaving kit for modular motors that is almost identical to what you'd need to do for Lima motor.

I would not compromise the structural integrity of the shock towers when installing a 600 pound engine. If you've ever changed the spark plugs in a 428 Shelby, you'd laugh at anyone complaining about accessing the plugs in a 67-70 Mustang with a 460.

and where did i suggest notching the shock towers???